Excuses my wife uses to drive my WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Excuses my wife uses to drive my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, so.... I've had my WRX since 14 Feb. My wife jumped up and down when I bought it, insisting ...

Excuses my wife uses to drive my WRX

Okay, so....

I've had my WRX since 14 Feb. My wife jumped up and down when I bought it, insisting I didn't need "all that fancy stuff" in a car. Now that I have it she has come up with all kinds of crazy excuses to borrow my car.

Example 1: "Its raining/snowing out and your car has AWD". Okay this actually would be a good excuse except AWD was one of those features she insisted I would never need or use.

Example 2: "I have to go over the narrows bridge and the wind blows my Mazda Tribute around. I want to drive your car since its lower and more aerodynamic". Huh? So you want to drive my WRX all day for the benefit of going across a bridge for 2 minutes and I have to drive your Mazda Tribute all day?

and may fav Example 3: "its that time of the month and my menstrual cycle gives me lower back pain. I want to drive your car since it has heated seats helps releive my back pain." What? No! I don't want you road raging around my WRX while your "menstrating"! After all its only a few months old and I wouldn't want the new car smell to be ruined!

so who else out there has had some crazy excuses from wives, girlfriends, friends or family memebrs asking to borrow your car?

Please share

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I put in an ejector seat just incase she opens her mouth and doesnt start a roadie. Otherwise mouth shut on road trips or your flyin at 60 chick.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd prefer to be chauffeured around frankly. If she actually wants to drive, fantastic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My girlfriend can't drive my WRX. She doesn't have the physical strength to depress the clutch pedal.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    My wifes has wanted nothing to do with my car the last 6 years
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Ditto original post. Took a long time and many arguments to get her to accept a WRX. Once she drove it she would like to have it herself. Instead she gets to drive the old Sidekick or the RAM, whatever the need dictates. But she's talking to buy another WRX for herself later this yaer or next.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    My wifes has wanted nothing to do with my car the last 6 years
    same here.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    My girlfriend can't drive my WRX. She doesn't have the physical strength to depress the clutch pedal.
    Same. My wife can't push the clutch far enough to get into first even with the seat all the way forward.

Combine that with the fact she can't drive a stick to save her life, and thus I never have a problem with her stealing the WRX.

I do want her to learn in case of an emergency, though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Same. My wife can't push the clutch far enough to get into first even with the seat all the way forward.

Combine that with the fact she can't drive a stick to save her life, and thus I never have a problem with her stealing the WRX.

I do want her to learn in case of an emergency, though.
    My girlfriend is tall enough, but not strong enough. She has a Stage 2 LGT anyway...she can drive that.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User Blue Baby Sound's Avatar
    I've had to split custody of the WRX with my wife. She love's driving it.

I was proud of her Tuesday when the guy at her work asked if that was her WRX, she replied "yes, it's stage 2 Torqued Performance" He replied "wow..."
    Don't think he expected something intelligent to come out her mouth, I know I didn't :-)
    Stink-Eye Mob #667

2011 WRX Limited (Joan)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Thor)
    1965 Chevrolet Impala (Clara)

Intro Thread- PICS

my gf cant drive stick, so i have no worries about her taking it...but i do agree with above, id like her to learn in case of emergency...she "doesnt want to break it" so she keeps refusing
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    My GF just drives the 2008 Wrx I own.. Easy fix

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    My girlfriend is tall enough, but not strong enough. She has a Stage 2 LGT anyway...she can drive that.
    How is she not strong enough to push in the clutch?? Is she emaciated??
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

wife can't drive a stick. I want her to learn but now that I've done the exhaust so its pretty loud I don't think she wants to drive it. Wish I had a black wrx and id get her a set of pink wheels to drive around while I'm deployed. Then again I could just paint my already painted wheels for her...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    How is she not strong enough to push in the clutch?? Is she emaciated??
    It's a heavy duty pressure plate with a sprung 6 puck...to get the pedal all the way down she has to stand on the damn thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast