Excuses my wife uses to drive my WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Excuses my wife uses to drive my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Calvinball This is my situation too. I've tried everything. I've stalled out on purpose with her in ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    This is my situation too. I've tried everything. I've stalled out on purpose with her in the car, "this is the worst you'll do hun!" With the acura at every stage of it's life I made the argument that it was the perfect time to try; "It's only got 30k miles on it, it's still nice and new and in good shape! I promise you it won't break!" "It's around 80k miles, so it's about when I will be needing to replace the clutch anyways!" "It's over 100k, the clutch is way overdue to be replaced hun, I don't care if you somehow break it!"

Her argument for all those was still "I don't want to break it."
    When I finally convinced my wife to try driving my car (she'd never driven a manual before that), she clutched dumped, and chirped all four tires while the car exploded off the line. She calmly stopped the car, got out, then ran away shouting a stream of rather spicy expletives. With her out of the car, this gave me the chance to shout my own set of expletives over the clutch smell, and whatever just happened to the transmission.

She's never driven my car again, and probably never will.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My girlfriend always uses the whole your car is bigger excuse. Its cool tho because then I get to beat on her 03 beetle turbo S. I don't care what anyone says that thing is beast lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    My wife claims motion sickness from riding in my car....yet, she says its only when she's a passenger. If I let her drive, she's fine. Uh.....huh.
    OMG my wife uses that one too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    When I finally convinced my wife to try driving my car (she'd never driven a manual before that), she clutched dumped, and chirped all four tires while the car exploded off the line. She calmly stopped the car, got out, then ran away shouting a stream of rather spicy expletives. With her out of the car, this gave me the chance to shout my own set of expletives over the clutch smell, and whatever just happened to the transmission.

She's never driven my car again, and probably never will.
    Yeah, she may have missed the boat with learning now that I have a nice brand new car with differentials to worry about
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

The latest one from this morning:
    " it rained yesterday, your car looks like crap. You (me) take the suzuki (sidekick) to work and I'll take the Subie to the car wash..." I just laughed and told her that would only make sure we get more rain... then I told her "maybe next week..."
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Yeah, she may have missed the boat with learning now that I have a nice brand new car with differentials to worry about
    I was thinking the same thing with my wife, but I think I may just use it as an excuse for upgrades. I'll teach her once I think it's getting time for a new clutch, and maybe I'll get a nice upgrade to a full six speed drive train with it......

I've run through more GFs than I can think of since my last two Subarus (5 year period I guess). But I've taught probably 3 or 4 girls how to drive manual on them and they love it...I like a girl who knows how to handle my car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I have a suspicion that my fiance is too scared of my car to try to learn and drive it.
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a suspicion that my fiance is too scared of my car to try to learn and drive it.
    I could say the same about my wife.Plus she doesn't care.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Tomorrow we're driving to Maine starting at 6 or 7 am. It will probably be the first time I take the car over 3k and into boost with her in the passenger seat.

Then she'll wake up saying "what was that!?!?"
    - Will

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I could say the same about my wife.Plus she doesn't care.
    Yeah, mines afraid to drive it too
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ...I like a girl who knows how to handle my ....
    Ookayyy
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Ookayyy
    Touche
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123