seeking info, help, & opinions on my WRX

This is a discussion on seeking info, help, & opinions on my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, recently bought my 2002 Subaru impreza wrx, love everything about it except, its an automatic -______- i couldn't find ...

seeking info, help, & opinions on my WRX

So, recently bought my 2002 Subaru impreza wrx, love everything about it except, its an automatic -______- i couldn't find a stock manual ANYWHERE. Anyway i have some ideas i would like to do but not sure if some are worth it or if i should even make these mods. So first thing i'm doing is the exhaust system getting everything headers, up down cat, ect. Any good brands out there that i should look at? and where can i buy them. I was think on getting this exhaust system off ebay, but i'm scared it wont give the effect i want you know the deep growl but also increase HP. also a friend gave me a boost controller, I actually never herd of one so I'm not to sure what it does expect controls how PSI my turbo puts out how much is enough?? anything i should watch when using it? please help. Also looking for a performance chips what are some good ones? Please help me out, i really need it list any information you can about adding HP, which brands, and maybe some other mods that i should do. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the headers and boost controller. Keep your existing intake if it is stock.

See the link in my signature for more info.

Performance chips are not applicable in the modern era. Re-mapping the car does apply though. However, you do not need to do so for an exhaust on your car. See link.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Is there a reason why i should skip headers and the boot controller?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rgillen1028 View Post
    Is there a reason why i should skip headers and the boot controller?
    Yes. See link please.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Search "Stage 2" and start there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying