My intro - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 92

This is a discussion on My intro within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by email :Subject: Re: Do you know this Subie? I know the car very well and actually have ...

  1. #46
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by email
    :Subject: Re: Do you know this Subie?

    I know the car very well and actually have 91 and E85 tunes for it. It just needs to have the stock Downpipe replaced with an aftermarket one and that car will fly! I am a bit busy this evening but give me a call tomorrow during the day and I can go into more detail as to what the car needs. You got a bargin with over $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts on it. The owner was more then just a customer he was a good friend too. On e85 that car has almost 400 WHP.

    -Eric Minehart

    TORQUED PERFORMANCE
    Subaru Performance Tuning
    303-642-6574
    :
    Anyone know this guy?
    Any comments?
    Will call him later today... 'til then...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,767
    I Support ClubWRX
    Eric has a good reputation.Many newer owners are opting for Torqued Performance maps.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  4. #48
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Anyone know this guy?
    Any comments?
    Will call him later today... 'til then...
    Jackpot! If he was involved, then I'd say it's a safe bet the original owner did things in a smart fashion. He's got a very good rep. He tends to spend a lot of time on another forum, here's a link to a thread of reviews over there:

    Torqued Performance(eminehart) Review
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  5. #49
    Admiral Ackbar mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    12,775
    I Support ClubWRX
    Usually getting a modified car is a nightmare - you got exceptionally lucky here!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  6. #50
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Usually getting a modified car is a nightmare - you got exceptionally lucky here!
    I was beginning to have my concerns about all these mods. I just didn't know anything about WRX's and when the wife dais OK, I went for this one. I'll have a talk with Eric later this afternoon, then I'll report back to all you guys. See if I can get some definitive answers about what all there is.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  7. #51
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    good luck!
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  8. #52
    Admiral Ackbar mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    12,775
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do the DP IMO and get your moneys worth. Just get another one fer her so she doesn't have to know....
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  9. #53
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    ...and, hey, maybe I got lucky because people stay away from the modified and that made it possible for me to get it.... Just a maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Usually getting a modified car is a nightmare - you got exceptionally lucky here!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  10. #54
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Do the DP IMO and get your moneys worth. Just get another one fer her so she doesn't have to know....
    Well, for right now nothing is going to happen. First I have to learn this car, get a feel for the whole thing and get my eludication on. Then I've got to get the tectrix 2, another $200. Then I'll NEED winter shoes and socks, or maybe all season... I'd stll like to put a regular, closed, smooth hood on it... Just for kicks...
    More horses is really not what I need right now. This has more go than anything I ever had, aside from motorbikes.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  11. #55
    Admiral Ackbar mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    12,775
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, those are all higher priorities.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  12. #56
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    So, I talked with Eric this afternoon. He explained that this car has been scaled back to pass emissions with cat. So behind the turbo is the stock (or like) cat. If I was to put the open downpipe on and have the mapping redone, he could bring it back to around 400WHP on E85! He said that with the current set-up the turbo spools up a LOT slower than it could otherwise. I think that makes a lot of sense, with that restriction the pressue diff across the turbo is reduced. The car still goes pretty good as far as I'm concerned, cerainly better than any other car I've had. So that's something to keep in mind for later, maybe the next summer. I asked for and he said he would, give me a list of the mods. However, at this time I'm not a money bringing customer, so I don't expect him to jump right on it. so for now I'll be happy to let anyone see what we got here, but it's going to stay like this for the time being. I will be getting the tactrix 2 and then see what I can do with data logging. The Learning View SW also sounds real interesting. BTW, Eric's main business is developing maps based on logged date that his customer send him. He then makes the new maps and sends them back for people to install. So obviously these maps are not for free, anyone has an idea what that might cost? Of course I'll be asking Eric at some point, but that's still a bit down the road.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  13. #57
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    So, I talked with Eric this afternoon. He explained that this car has been scaled back to pass emissions with cat. So behind the turbo is the stock (or like) cat. If I was to put the open downpipe on and have the mapping redone, he could bring it back to around 400WHP on E85! He said that with the current set-up the turbo spools up a LOT slower than it could otherwise. I think that makes a lot of sense, with that restriction the pressue diff across the turbo is reduced. The car still goes pretty good as far as I'm concerned, cerainly better than any other car I've had. So that's something to keep in mind for later, maybe the next summer. I asked for and he said he would, give me a list of the mods. However, at this time I'm not a money bringing customer, so I don't expect him to jump right on it. so for now I'll be happy to let anyone see what we got here, but it's going to stay like this for the time being. I will be getting the tactrix 2 and then see what I can do with data logging. The Learning View SW also sounds real interesting. BTW, Eric's main business is developing maps based on logged date that his customer send him. He then makes the new maps and sends them back for people to install. So obviously these maps are not for free, anyone has an idea what that might cost? Of course I'll be asking Eric at some point, but that's still a bit down the road.
    His stage 1 and stage 2 maps are $80 I believe. For a custom, I'm not sure. But from what I've read about him, once you purchase the map, he will fine tune it for you based on your datalogs for free.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  14. #58
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ingo... are you a Salt Water aquarium kinda guy? On MASC by chance?
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  15. #59
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Ingo... are you a Salt Water aquarium kinda guy? On MASC by chance?
    Padi... No other afiliation. Haven't been in the water since we left Guam. That is a diving paradise. The water is often warmer than the air. And yes, all salt water diving. After that I just don't want to dive anywhere in Colorado... It would have to be an actual trip. for that I don't have time or money. So diving is on hold for the foresee-able future.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  16. #60
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,670
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Padi... No other afiliation. Haven't been in the water since we left Guam. That is a diving paradise. The water is often warmer than the air. And yes, all salt water diving. After that I just don't want to dive anywhere in Colorado... It would have to be an actual trip. for that I don't have time or money. So diving is on hold for the foresee-able future.
    Ah, PADI. I used to be PADI certified. May still be, but I haven't been in 7 years.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •