a whole new world

This is a discussion on a whole new world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello all, this is my first thread on this site as i am a new member as well a a ...

a whole new world

hello all,
    this is my first thread on this site as i am a new member as well a a new/used 2010 sti hatchback owner. the only words that come to mind are "oh my god". this car is a phenominal machine. i traded in my 07 civic si coupe and purchased this beast. i have been a subaru admirer for a long time and finally have had the chance to own one. now that i do, there are so many things that i want to upgrade. it all seems endless with the things that can be done to this car. by no means did i buy this to street race or to get 500 hp out of it. but maybe some little things here and there, lol.

I do love the sound that the sti puts out and was looking at cat backs for a week or so. justifying the 500 to 1000 bucks or more was hard so i opted for another route. i took it to a local reputable shop and had the resonator and stock muffler cut off. they split the stock exhaust pipe after the rear axle to keep the dual outlets finished with corvette tips. of course it doesnt shine like a stainless steel system but wow does she roar like a raging beast.

I also purchased perrin shifter bushings, just waiting for them to show up. Mudflaps are next on the list. I would love to add an intake but after researching, Ive noticed you must retune with the combination of a less restrictive exhaust and intake. dont know if im ready to throw the warranty out the window just yet. A BOV would be a nice sound to hear, although I know it will do nothing for performance on this stock car. which brings up a question maybe u guys can help me with. Is it possible to install a BOV without screwing the car up so to say? Do i need to change sensors for circulation reasons?

I see so many pictures of these things dropped and it makes me drool, haha. i must lower mine in the near future. i want to get rid of the fender/wheel gap. stiffer would be nice also. any suggestions? your input and knowledge would be appreciated!

I am a subie newbie!
    Last edited by Subie Newbie25; 03-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You hacked up the stock exhaust. your warranty is already void.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You hacked up the stock exhaust. your warranty is already void.
    well hell, might as well keep going haha. I was under the impression that intake and exhaust doesnt void warranty. I didnt touch the cats.

I Support ClubWRX
    driving the car off the lot voids the warranty in subarus eyes man. Im not kidding, be prepared to fix it if you mod it in any way (which you have already done so)

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

that bad huh? damn they dont tell you that, lol. oh well she's still a bad mutha for sure.

Any thoughts or input on lowering? I really want to do this and dont want to go about it the wrong way.