SOON!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on SOON!!!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Figured id join a WRX forum instead of an STI one since I am getting a WRX. Searched ...

Banned

SOON!!!!!!!

Hey guys,
    Figured id join a WRX forum instead of an STI one since I am getting a WRX. Searched far and wide for a 2012 OBP 5 door premium, and I finally found it. Put my deposit down about two weeks ago, and HOPEFULLY, I don't want to jinx it, however I know it won't be in tomorrow, it could be at the dealership tomorrow as the allocated cars are coming in now, and the dealership feels good about it coming in. Unfortunately I will be leaving for florida at the end of the week and won't be back till Easter, so if it comes in when I'm away ill die from excitement. So if the planets align, I will be headed up to Manchester, NH to pick up my new ride. Trading in my 05 Subaru Forester XT Prem, which is a great car, but its time for something new.

By joining, I hope to gain a better understanding and knowledge for potential modifications, and I guess simply the car itself. I have done plenty of research (days worth,) and I am really excited, but nothing will compare to actually owning it. Not sure I want to void any warrantees just yet, incase I want to save up for a future STI, but I'm hesitant for their 2 Liter or smaller future. If I don't have pictures up by wednesday, when I don't have class, It will have to wait till after Easter, when i get back home and can pick her up.

Learned stick on a GT500 that my dad got for us men to enjoy on the weekends, which was very intimidating LOL but proved to be a great learning tool, as it had enough hp to simply start moving without even touching the gas, i.e. good sense for clutch control. Very nervous to drive stick on a new car that I am not familiar with, but at the same am really excited to be able to develop my driving skills. Not sure to the extent of variety on these forums, but would love driving tips, like rev matching, heal toe, and other tid bits. Im turning 20 in 5 days, March 30th, so its so long to the teenage years. Anyway, really excited to be a fellow WRX owner!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    1st ascetically speaking modification: rally armors lol

Banned
    Saved for pics later

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Banned
    Well as i guessed, it didn't come in this morning! Grrr... the wait, even though not as long as a factory order, is killing me lol...
    Made A list of potential modifications... Maybe you guys put some input on it....
    Whiteline Sway bars, Rally armors, invidia q300 cbe, maybe the cobb AP and very very far into the future maybe a set of brembos... but the breaks are unrealistic at the time... also would like to get a short throw shifter, and shift knob. possibly wc lathe works, but not sure how they are... also any opinions on short throw shifters? should I just get the one offered by subaru?

Will my subaru dealership be able to install aftermarket parts on my WRX? or will they only work with subie parts? and lastly, how soft is the suspension? are sway bars the best way to tackle handling or will I have to install coil overs? does any of this void warranty? I guess i would like to stay within warranty, and if anyone had some good ideas on upgrades that are really worth it, but keep the car safe, i would to hear them.

I would def leave brembos last if at all. Not sure what kinda power you are looking to produce but I hardly image you need the stopping power for brembos. Kartboy has great STS, get the bushings while your at it, night and day difference from what I've heard.

Your dealership might install the parts, I'm not sure. I think you can do those installs fairly easy on your own and maybe with some friends. Why pay for labor when you can put it towards new parts. I'm on the stock suspension... there's some spongyness to them but when you can swaybars it should should make it tighter. I don't know why you need to get coils, you can def get a tighter suspension set up with the right springs. If you wanna do the hellaflush look then you'll need coils or an air ride.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

If it were me and I had that list of mods you have it would be...

STS + bushings, CBE + AP (the AP reflash is night and day, well worth it when you finish the break in period of 1000 mi), suspension upgrade.

Check out lokey's thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member...swp-hatch.html

He has (IMO) a great/practical suspension set up. I'll likely be working towards a set up similar to his.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold