05 STI or 09WRX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI or 09WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i am choosing between two cars to get either a 05STI with 50,000 miles with no mods or a ...

05 STI or 09WRX?

so i am choosing between two cars to get either a 05STI with 50,000 miles with no mods or a 09 WRX with 30,000 miles and no mods wanted to get everyones thoughts as to what one i should get they both are almost the same cost only $1,200 difference between the two?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The usual applies.

Check VIN on the 09 regarding the known engine failure issue.

Check for full service history on both.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I am in a similar dilemma, but the way I see it is get the newer car!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Both of you, please see the 09 engine failure thread on this forum. There is an analogous thread in almost every Subaru forum if you are members elsewhere too. Then check the VINs and act accordingly.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well my decision was between an 07 Sti or a 2012 wrx, so in that case it wouldn't matter for me! Ill check it out anyways though!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano92 View Post
    Well my decision was between an 07 Sti or a 2012 wrx, so in that case it wouldn't matter for me! Ill check it out anyways though!
    Yours is a touch choice. I would be tempted to go '12 but then again the '07 is at this point almost nostalgic. Still, these are good "problems" to have.

I will be looking up that thread before I go look at that car thank you

I Support ClubWRX
    You really need some seat time in the cars to make such a decision. The WRX and STI are really intended for slightly different drivers; the WRX being a "sporting daily driver", and the STI being closer to a "track car that you can also drive on the street". I like stiff suspensions and direct steering, but not everyone does.

Also, take a look to see how much modification has been done to the STI. If it's been modded and beaten on, you may want to steer clear.

Good luck!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Rayfeilds is right u need to sit in both and see what u think. I have a wrx and never been happier just saying

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1ilglr

I run a lot of highway too so I was wondering if the STI's 6 speed is a noticeable difference from the 5 speed? I am going to be out this weekend and test drive the two of them

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I really like the build quality of the 08+ compared to the 02-05s, regardless if its an STI or WRX. It just feels like a more complete car and you're not far off power wise in comparison (and if you plan to modify, thats easy to make up).
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Well the 09 is ok does not fall in the build date or even close. So thank you y'all and let's hope by next weekend I will be posting pictures of my first WRX I am looking at it tomorrow and if I like it I will be giving him money to hold it

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    can you work on your own car, or do you need to pay a garage for service? If you have to pay someone else, I would always recommend the newer car. If you can work on things yourself, then its back to the things other people are suggesting.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I am a mechanic so I will handle all repairs myself and if I can I have buddies that can get it done

Well I will have the 2009 WRX next week have to sign loan papers then it's mine it has a K&N intake, turbo heat shield, magnaflow cat back, cart boy short shift and bushings and a custom tune :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast