Intro thread? I guess.

This is a discussion on Intro thread? I guess. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whatsup fellas, Felt like I need to make an intro thread! Always been a fan of all types of Subies ...

Intro thread? I guess.

Whatsup fellas, Felt like I need to make an intro thread!

Always been a fan of all types of Subies and even before when I had the chance to get my own I got another car instead in order to wait and save up some more! I am very familiar with all Subies both Wrx and Sti's, did my research early on!

I currently own a Dodge Neon Srt-4 2003 Solar Yellow with 53k original miles, And yes I know its not a Subie ( I except someone to bash me for this lol) but seeing as I now am looking into getting a new car I figured id join the forums related to it.

Looking into getting a 2012 Wrx, got the idea right after one of my friends Ryan (On these forums) just purchased one. Of those that have these new Wrx's what can you tell me about it? How do you like it? Do you feel it was well spent money?

Getting one regardless since I have always loved the boxer platform but the old 2.0's were weak and I dont want to finance a Used STI.

Either way here are some pics of the current car:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey, welcome to the forum. As a 2011 wrx owner of about 9 months I can say that I do like the car, and feel that it is money well spent.
    2011 DGM 4dr WRX Premium - His
    2011 DGM 2.5X Premium Forester - Hers
    2002 Nissan Altima blew engine.
    1999 Mitsu Eclipse GST - rear-ended & totaled out.
    1993 Mitsu Eclipse GS - traded in for GST.

Stink-Eye Mob #94

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Those are nice wheels on the Chrysler. Classic style. Bump to the top for more '12 owners to answer your questions and enjoy the forum.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

First off, welcome! Although I've never been in one, I've always respected those neons for what they are.

I've only had my Rex for a couple weeks now, but of course I feel like it was money well spent. That is a very subjective question of course, but here are the reasons why in my case:

-Coming from an RSX-s, this car performs leaps and bounds above my old car.
    -The community has been amazing so far.
    -Awd = win in my book, got tired of putting power entirely through the wheels that also steer, and I've had enough rwd cars in my time to know that I wanted something with the potential to be much much better in weather, being in the northeast.
    -Four door wagon sold it to my fiance, it really is quite practical!
    -For me, the combination of handling and comfort in the wrx suspension is right where I want it. I'm getting older and the ride in the old rsx was worn out and rough thanks to poly mounts all over the place, and other new cars (like the ms3) was too...I dunno...tuned for the race track, not the reality of crappy roads.
    -Finally, I was able to put enough down that my monthly payment was not drastically higher than it was before, and I also factored in the extra cost of gas with lower mpg...simply put I made sure it would fit in our budget.

Alright, I can't try and think of any other points to make as my girl is being a brat, be back in a bit.
    Last edited by Calvinball; 03-22-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

*Woo first post*
    I've had my 2012 WRX for about two months, and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I have such an amazing car. I am completely, utterly, thoroughly infatuated. Every time I begin to get used to it, I find a new reason to love it (the roads were snowy this morning!). I love it so much I felt the need to join a forum where I could gush and learn and share ideas with people who won't get sick of listening to me ramble about my car. I can't figure out why anyone WOULDN'T want one.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm so excited to get my car. Especially reading all these great reviews literally every single day. '12 red wrx premium 5 door on its way!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome sir, as you have heard me telling you, brand new subie, best decision ever, do it already haha

oh yeah, and your car is parked.

2012 Wrx = money well spent
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

I have owned a 2010 WRX, a 2011 STI, and now a 2012 WRX is on its way next month.

You'll enjoy every second if you buy one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, hope you get the wrx, its a very fun car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ