So I'm About To Buy a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So I'm About To Buy a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. My name is Tim. I am from North Eastern Ohio. A buddy of mine has a WRX that ...

Question So I'm About To Buy a WRX

Hey guys. My name is Tim. I am from North Eastern Ohio. A buddy of mine has a WRX that i am planning to buy off of him soon. It is an 04 with 128k miles. He has I believe a stock STi turbo on it and he has an exhaust too. Not sure what the exhaust is though. He put down 301 at the wheels when he got the car dyno tuned.

I am buying the car to be my daily, so I was wondering if i should be worried about anything fatiguing in the motor or drivetrain with 300 wheel. Next year I will be using it to commute half an hour every day to college. I considered possibly replacing rods, pistons, cams, valve springs, and so on just so everything is fresh in the motor. I don't know **** about subarus so I figured I would ask you guys for some knowledge.

Also I wondered how hard it would be to push 400whp on the setup he has on it now (after I rebuild the motor). I know I could go bigger turbo but I don't want to lose spool time. I have seen my friend beat a 450hp STi because the STi has a massive turbo and it took forever to spool where my friend's WRX spools up quick no problem. I believe he is running 18psi. Idk what those turbos are capable of pushing. Thanks guys I look forward to hearing back from you and I look forward to enjoying my Subaru!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First, get a compression test done. That will tell you how the motor is doing.

With just a stock STi turbo and exhaust that seems like a really high wheel horsepower number especially on an 04. Since this is your friend why don't you get more info about the car like what all mods it does actually have.

To get that 400 whp you are gonna need to build the engine and the transmission.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Ok here's what he has done:
    -VF39 turbo
    -STi pink injectors
    -Perrin Inlet
    -STi intercooler
    -STi downpipe and catback

tune?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.