First for me "Red WRX 2012" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on First for me "Red WRX 2012" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cobb AP to get rid of the terrible stock tune or suspension upgrades is what I would do. Actually it ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb AP to get rid of the terrible stock tune or suspension upgrades is what I would do. Actually it is what I'm gonna do lol.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    It's near Orlando. You got a good deal. Is this your first WRX??
    I love the red on the new style. What does the short shifter do for the car??
    yeah, first wrx, and the short shifter shortens the throw of each shift

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbathewhat View Post
    Nice, I'm over in Pembroke Pines. There is a weekly subie hangout tonight over at the Fudruckers in Doral. You should swing by sometime soflosubies.com for more info.
    damn! if i would have read this earlier i would have gone today lol, but ill definitely swing by next week, hows the turnout?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    tactrix cable to get rid of the terrible stock tune or suspension upgrades is what I would do. Actually it is what I'm gonna do lol.
    fixed

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

What's the advantage of tactrix over cobb?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    What's the advantage of tactrix over cobb?
    With a tactrix cable you don't overspend on the interface, so you can get a customized map for your car.

I'm hesitant to say this, because it is a sample of one and people will read it wrong, but I have been reviewing a cobb stg. I tune on an '11, in Denver so some elevation. On that car the ECU is making a learned 5 degree correction at high RPM from knocking (that is too much). The one stock map log I saw was making only a dynamic 2 degree correction in the mid range (not great but not near as bad). Both maps tested 30 miles after a reset with teh stock air filter, same day, same gas.

The thing is in the meat of the power band the stock map is making 10% more load (i.e. it pulls harder) and the boost is higher (15psi) with no error. Boost is actually off a couple of psi on the Cobb map, in the 13's.

There could be a bunch of other factors to explain the power, elevation, temp, bad gas, etc., but it was the same tank. Regardless, it is pretty safe to say that an OTS map does not suit this one particular car safely. You can get an openport cable and a TP tune for <$300 instead.
    Last edited by mycologist; 03-22-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

so with the open port tactic cable you just plug it into your computer and download a program to load and unload tunes or something? or you can modify the parameters of the tune yourself?

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,
    Being this is my first wrx and stick, is there any tips or things to know about the car. Anything in general. I just want to keep the car in good shape with the least amount of problems. After reading so many diff threads I am so confused about everybody else's opinion about the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    What kind of opinions of the car have your heard/read?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    What kind of opinions of the car have your heard/read?
    Don't get me wrong. 95% of them are great. I'm just new to subies. Had a Honda before this. I've read some threads on traanys for the wrx. And it seems to me I need to be careful. Being my first stick I really don't know what the heck careful is or maybe it just is that we tend to push the car alittle more then other cars because it CAN so it puts more stress on the tranny. Also engine problems I the past. Not sure what that is about. I did buy the car because I knew after some research it is a good daily driver car. Just looking for some reinsurance that this car is going to last me in the long run not just be fun toy for a while.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't go doing donuts(full lock) .Don't launch.Do not use the parking brake to slide the car rally style.

If the shifter does not go into gear do not force it in.Like for example you will find it hard to downshift to first when the car is moving.And you will most certainly find that the car does not like shifting into reverse.In both cases do not force it in.

Change your oil religiously.And check all fluid levels regularly just like maintaining any car.Clean the TMIC of debris once in a while.

Also never ever have the car towed or be towed.Flat bed only.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    damn! if i would have read this earlier i would have gone today lol, but ill definitely swing by next week, hows the turnout?
    On a slow night about 10 suburbs out there. On a good night close to 25-30!

That's a pic of one night I was there.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Don't go doing donuts(full lock) .Don't launch.Do not use the parking brake to slide the car rally style.

If the shifter does not go into gear do not force it in.Like for example you will find it hard to downshift to first when the car is moving.And you will most certainly find that the car does not like shifting into reverse.In both cases do not force it in.

Change your oil religiously.And check all fluid levels regularly just like maintaining any car.Clean the TMIC of debris once in a while.

Also never ever have the car towed or be towed.Flat bed only.
    Thanks a bunch for the info. I have has the car for a month now and yea reverse sometimes is hard to get into. About the launch. What r the Rpms going to be at for a launch?? I try to stay below 2k when when starting off sometimes a little high do to the fact I mess up. What actually happens to the parts of the car when you do launch say a couple times then do it more often daily??

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the info. I have has the car for a month now and yea reverse sometimes is hard to get into. About the launch. What r the Rpms going to be at for a launch?? I try to stay below 2k when when starting off sometimes a little high do to the fact I mess up. What actually happens to the parts of the car when you do launch say a couple times then do it more often daily??
    He is talking about launching during a race aka at 4-5k.
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Rotate your tires, replace them 4 at a time.

Your car is about as reliable as a honda, but it has a turbo. Some of us old folks already broke all the parts that needed fixing when we were young, so yours should be up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    so with the open port tactic cable you just plug it into your computer and download a program to load and unload tunes or something? or you can modify the parameters of the tune yourself?
    All of the above.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast