New member!

This is a discussion on New member! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I've always been a huge fan of subaru's but I'm planning on finally getting a wrx. Ill only ...

New member!

Hey guys,

I've always been a huge fan of subaru's but I'm planning on finally getting a wrx. Ill only have around 8 grand to spend but that should do me fine if I find the right deal. I'm hoping to get no older than an '02 and no more than 150,000 kilometres ( yes I'm canadian ha). I won't be able to buy till the end of april because college doesn't end till then and I need my daily driver to get to college everyday. Its killing me because I want a subie now! lol Thought I'd join the site now just to familiarize myself with subaru's before I get one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome! I would learn every bit of information that you can before getting one since it will be used, you want to make sure you don't get a lemon! message me and I can hook you up with a website for free carfax's, should help you on your search.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks guys! And ryan (we have the same name! Ha) I sent u a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    welcome! I would learn every bit of information that you can before getting one since it will be used, you want to make sure you don't get a lemon! message me and I can hook you up with a website for free carfax's, should help you on your search.
    Is a carfax the only way i can keep myself from getting a junker? I've had it happen before where i got ripped off. My close family mechanic owns two subaru's so he can look over the car i want to buy which is good. Also do you think 8 grand will be a good amount for what im looking for? (no older than an '02 and no more than 150,000 kilometres(the kilometres are flexible)).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Picket33
    Is a carfax the only way i can keep myself from getting a junker? I've had it happen before where i got ripped off. My close family mechanic owns two subaru's so he can look over the car i want to buy which is good. Also do you think 8 grand will be a good amount for what im looking for? (no older than an '02 and no more than 150,000 kilometres(the kilometres are flexible)).
    FYI: If you don't report an accident to insurance, it won't show up on Carfax.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    FYI: If you don't report an accident to insurance, it won't show up on Carfax.
    Ok, ill keep that in mind. It wouldnt be that bad of an accident if its not reported right? Where im from anyways, if the damage is more than $500, its cheaper to report the accident and pay the deductible. Is it the same idea in the USA?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Picket33
    Ok, ill keep that in mind. It wouldnt be that bad of an accident if its not reported right? Where im from anyways, if the damage is more than $500, its cheaper to report the accident and pay the deductible. Is it the same idea in the USA?
    Depends.

Some people would prefer to not have an accident on their driving record. If you can afford to pay for repairs out of pocket, why have their insurance rates increase? Sometimes, the initial cost (e.g., deductible) is less, but when you factor in everything, it's cheaper to pay for it yourself.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Depends.

Some people would prefer to not have an accident on their driving record. If they can afford to pay for repairs out of pocket, why have their insurance rates increase?
    Very true. Well in a situation like that, its pretty much luck. There really isnt a way of knowing it happened unless there are obvious signs. Like i said before, i have a close family mechanic who owns two subaru's so he will be great help when purchasing a car. That is also a reason i dont want to buy online ex:ebay. Because i wont be able to see it in person and look it over. I just have to trust the pictures and the ad and i dont like that ha. I might try and wait to find a good deal around my area, not sure.

A carfax isnt a sure fire sign if you should get the car or not, but its damn better than nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    A carfax isnt a sure fire sign if you should get the car or not, but its damn better than nothing lol
    lol ya definitely