New owner!

This is a discussion on New owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked my wrx a couple days ago, still on those awful break in miles lol. I got the ...

Cool New owner!

I just picked my wrx a couple days ago, still on those awful break in miles lol. I got the car to have something new and more reliable, but be awd and consequently be a better platform for any mods. My previous car was a srt-4, became very knowledgeable on the car, and dumped a lot of money into, and then before dumping even more into, decided i should leave the fwd platform lol. I'd like to give myself around a year to pay off the car before i get too serious with the modifications, so for now, it probably won't get much further than exhaust, intake, and boost and wideband gauges. I would really like to have another tune put on the car because i have been reading about how much the stock tune sucks, but I also read that a tune voids the powertrain warranty? Since i bought the car brand new, i would like to be able to take advantage of the warranty so I am not looking to void it. Also, another quick question, according to the manual, if i remember correctly, the break in should be 1000 miles driving easy on the car, keeping it under 4k rpm's, but i have a few friends who say that on their cars (not subarus), they did the 1000, but also gave it a few pulls before the 1000 so that the rings seat properly, what do you guys suggest?

Here she is:

my old car:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My wrx is on its way so personally from what I've been reading for the last 3 months on these forums I'm keeping it under 4k until I get past 1000miles. I ordered a red premium hatch. Love the red, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by free2be4ever7 View Post
    I'm keeping it under 4k until I get past 1000miles.
    Your owners manual will tell you this. And I would agree with it. I only went to 3500 my first 1000 miles.

so 1000 miles under 4k rpms it is then! I may just have to take a road trip or something, boy are these miles killing me

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome!

I'm at 920 miles as of this morning, just find excuses to drive and it won't be too painful

Also, with these cars, if you do intake or any exhaust other than catback, you must do a tune. If you don't, a/f gets all screwed up and you get a screwed up engine.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Where'd you get it at? Bird Road?

i got it at lehman suabru, bird doesn't have **** lol, how is the community down here in south florida? do you go out to any of the meets?

Congrats and welcome
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Quote Originally Posted by ryan523 View Post
    i got it at lehman suabru, bird doesn't have **** lol, how is the community down here in south florida? do you go out to any of the meets?
    I still don't have a WRX (yet) so I don't go to any meets . I'm too embarrassed to show up with my '04 Lancer ES haha. I have some friends that go to meets on Wednesdays I think. I know the VW guys go to Town and Country, but I don't know if the others do as well.

well i know plenty of meets in general, like tonight is at betty's but i was just curious about the subaru community down here. And the wax's fly out the door at the dealer! Lehman had a white, silver and a red, i went that same night to look at the white one and a guy was walking out the door with it as i got there, and as i was negotiating on the red one, the silver one was out the door

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Please be careful when you park like you did in pic2.Especially when you park front first,because the front bumper can easily hit that cement block causing it to crack.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i can't remember the last time i parked face first lmao, my neon was lowered so i even had to be careful when backing into spots

just did a little photoshoot!
    '12 red wrx key biscayne shoot