WRX Owners beware - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX Owners beware within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pdot Am I missing something? What about the police report in this scenario? 000 in damage is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pdot View Post
    Am I missing something? What about the police report in this scenario? $13000 in damage is not peanuts. Is there not a charge being laid here? I think the OP has left some information out. Was it a single car accident caused by excessive speed and he/she lost control? Or was someone else at fault? This could all determine the outcome of this scenario.

If it were some employee who was out of line, speeding all over the place (and I dont think it matters what their status is at the dealership), they should atleast be a charge laid in this case. I hope some extra compensation is thrown your way. If they dont, threaten to go to the media about their dealership and how they treat their customers after an unfortunate disastrous event caused by one of their representatives. An accident is an accident, an idiot driving like an idiot who gets into an accident is not an accident.

In the end though...you could be at the insurance company's mercy. GL with this ****ty ordeal.

Single car; mechanic admitted to police he was exceeding the speed limit; he was cited for careless driving. If this was an accident I would be more forgiving. This was an idiot driving like an idiot as you noted.

I am waiting on a couple more parts from their insurance company; then I will go to the media. It is my only remaining recourse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I can't believe this should be costing you a dime.

I suppose it could be worse (not that that helps any):

"A federal judge in Detroit has dismissed a lawsuit against the U.S. government over the wreck of a $750,000 Ferrari driven by an FBI agent.

Judge Avern Cohn said in his recent decision that the crash of the 1995 F50 sports car was "certainly unfortunate," but cited a law making the government immune to lawsuits when property is in custody of law enforcement.

Michigan-based Motors Insurance believes an agent and a federal prosecutor were out for a joyride in Lexington, Ky., in 2009 when the agent lost control of the Ferrari. The government has refused to pay for the car, which had been stolen and was being kept as part of an investigation.

The insurance company's attorney did not immediately return a message seeking comment Monday.

Read more: Feds Off the Hook for Wrecked $750G Ferrari | Fox News"
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I always leave my spare android in the trunk under the spare tires with datalogging running for just this very reason.

I always know the time stamped speed, location, g forces, throttle position, brake position, etc from their test drive when I get the car back.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    I always leave my spare android in the trunk under the spare tires with datalogging running for just this very reason.

I always know the time stamped speed, location, g forces, throttle position, brake position, etc from their test drive when I get the car back.
    But they have the guy cited for careless driving and speeding and it isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    But they have the guy cited for careless driving and speeding and it isn't helping.
    Then OP is working this the wrong way.

OP should be getting a NEW WRX or STI below dealer invoice.

Did I read that he's having the car fixed? How is he being compensated for the THOUSANDS of dollars of diminished value the car will have after its fixed.

I agree, we're missing something here, or OP is getting played, quite successfully.

A wise person once told me "People can only take advantage of you as much as you allow them to."

I think that probably rings true in this situation.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

In for the story...unfortunate as hell this happened. Hope it's all sorted out...but we need more information!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    Then OP is working this the wrong way.

OP should be getting a NEW WRX or STI below dealer invoice.

Did I read that he's having the car fixed? How is he being compensated for the THOUSANDS of dollars of diminished value the car will have after its fixed.

I agree, we're missing something here, or OP is getting played, quite successfully.

A wise person once told me "People can only take advantage of you as much as you allow them to."

I think that probably rings true in this situation.
    How is anyone compensated for that if you are just out and some reckless driver hits you? Insurance isn't going to take care of you for a carfax hit - they will get you repaired (not as well as original) or get you the depreciated value. You were still involved in a sucky situation and you pay for it. That is how the dealer's insurance will handle it. They will also probably put it to the dealer with a rate hike, and could even pressure them to let the employee go. None of that helps you any.

That being said, this has a much more negligent aspect to it in that he took his car to a reputable location for a service. An expert who was a representative of the dealership was performing illegal acts and destroyed his property. I think a civil lawyer should be involved for this reason, and I would go for anything I could get. Screw them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think some of us are fixated on "what should happen" and others "what does happen". No denying reality, and the law has never been my strong suit.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I think some of us are fixated on "what should happen" and others "what does happen".
    Bingo.

Sometimes life hands you a big **** sandwich and sometimes you just have to take a big bite. I should be a millionaire who boinks a different Victoria's Secret model every night at this point, but for some reason it just hasn't happened.

If everyone received a new car when their car was damaged, we would have a lot of companies filing for bankruptcy. No matter what the circumstances, your car was in an accident. Just like if you got t-boned going through an intersection.

There is an attitude today that is hurting all of us. I'm special and I'm going to sue you for wronging me. You owe me more than my stuff was worth because I was inconvenienced. You'll hear from my lawyer. I'm not saying the OP did that, but that seems to be the attitude in this country now.
    Last edited by Trainrex; 03-16-2012 at 06:50 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    There has to be some balance between suing over a cup of hot coffee and just letting people walk who are in a place of power and have the attitude that they can abuse your fair expectation that your business with them will be handled legally and professionally. At the end of the day, this guy was a representative of SOA who profited on the sale of the vehicle and can make amends by just comping the guy stuff at cost. Putting him right would not even be a blip on the dealer's financial radar - but he comes back with "your tires were bald" after a speeding and reckless citation? I still say screw them.

I have an '02 WRX, in the Fort Myers area. I am also looking for a good/trusty mechanic. Did you find one?

They should compensate you for what they did. At least a new car, fixing and whatnot is total crap. I'm surprised the title wasn't salvage. Cited or not, this guy is a representative of SoA he should be held responsible for what he is. Even if he worked for this dealership for a long time, I'd figure management would be really considering of having this guy's butt in a sling. When someone goes for a joy ride like that, that's not just stupid, this guy is a major liability. If he joy rides one car, no telling what he would do again. The old saying, "You can't fix stupid," comes to mind but I honestly really would let this guy go for the sheer idiocy that he did.

GAP insurance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123