WRX Owners beware - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Owners beware within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thanks All. I was hopeful to find new shop in SW Florida for service. Learn from my misfortune. Your dealer ...

Thanks All. I was hopeful to find new shop in SW Florida for service.

Learn from my misfortune. Your dealer is only as good as their willingness to hold themselves accountable for their actions. You are at their mercy, even if you are willing to spend a great deal of time and money fighting with them. This was blatant misconduct (a single car accident on a clear sunny day where the car spun for 300+/- feet exiting a 15mph curve); yet the dealer never acknowledged this nor did they ever express an interest in making me whole.

If you are in the Fort Myers Florida area; I urge you not to visit Obrien Subaru for your service or purchase needs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Valet mode?
    It's one of the functions of the AP. It limits revs to 3200 = almost no boost for most of us.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    It's one of the functions of the AP. It limits revs to 3200 = almost no boost for most of us.
    Oh, nice feature
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get a Lawyer.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Dealer would be giving me a new car, or at the very least the KBB value of the car that was wrecked plus the cost of any aftermarket parts that were on it.. probably have them pay my lawyer and court costs too.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Dealer would be giving me a new car, or at the very least the KBB value of the car that was wrecked plus the cost of any aftermarket parts that were on it.. probably have them pay my lawyer and court costs too.
    It would be hard to get aftermarket parts out of a deal like that. However, getting a new car should be no issue.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    It seems some of you are confused. The dealer doesn't have to do jack but turn it into their insurance company. Their representative made a mistake, and that's why they have insurance. If the insurance company totals it, they will pay you fair market value on the car. If they don't, they will pay to have it fixed.

Nobody at the dealership will lose sleep over it, and you won't get pain and suffering money from it. A lawyer will only get you exactly what you are entitled to - money for damages from their insurance company.

I Support ClubWRX
    What I'm entitled to seems pretty small in that scenario, if they've crashed up my daily driver.

You don't agree that a dealer should get rid of employees that take their customer's cars for joy rides? Seems like some mighty bad PR to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    What I'm entitled to seems pretty small in that scenario, if they've crashed up my daily driver.

You don't agree that a dealer should get rid of employees that take their customer's cars for joy rides? Seems like some mighty bad PR to me.
    They may, they may not. It all depends on the employee, the history, and his worth. It also depends on if the particular dealership has union help. If so, forget firing him/her.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    It seems some of you are confused. The dealer doesn't have to do jack but turn it into their insurance company. Their representative made a mistake, and that's why they have insurance. If the insurance company totals it, they will pay you fair market value on the car. If they don't, they will pay to have it fixed.

Nobody at the dealership will lose sleep over it, and you won't get pain and suffering money from it. A lawyer will only get you exactly what you are entitled to - money for damages from their insurance company.

Apparently the KBB value of the car is higher than I thought it would be. I figured at $13k it would basically be a total loss. And the insurance should pay for anything in the car that was destroyed, including aftermarket parts.. plus if a lawyer was needed it is normal to ask for attorney fees and court costs on top of what you are owed.

When my stereo was stolen while my car was at the dealership they paid the MSRP for everything that was stolen, plus the cost of me having to run new wiring because they grounded out my sub wiring and fried it.. still not sure how they fried the wires without blowing the fuse.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Apparently the KBB value of the car is higher than I thought it would be. I figured at $13k it would basically be a total loss. And the insurance should pay for anything in the car that was destroyed, including aftermarket parts.. plus if a lawyer was needed it is normal to ask for attorney fees and court costs on top of what you are owed.

When my stereo was stolen while my car was at the dealership they paid the MSRP for everything that was stolen, plus the cost of me having to run new wiring because they grounded out my sub wiring and fried it.. still not sure how they fried the wires without blowing the fuse.
    It all depends on what damage amount threshold the dealer has set up. They may have a $1000 or even a $3000 threshold set where they will pay to fix any damage incurred by their staff up until that point. After that they turn it into their insurance company and let them sort it out.

If the damage and car was turned into the dealerships insurance, suing the dealership is fruitless.

You're exactly right and in my case, after attorney's fees, this debacle cost me money.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
    You're exactly right and in my case, after attorney's fees, this debacle cost me money.
    I'm sorry to hear that man. The whole situation just blows.

I was just responding to the masses that scream "SUE SUE SUE" as a first reaction. It's often the worse thing you can do.

I'm sorry to hear that man. The whole situation just blows.

I was just responding to the masses that scream "SUE SUE SUE" as a first reaction. It's often the worse thing you can do.
    Your right again; but the first thing that Jim Haag the service director said to me when he saw the wrecked car was "Wow those tires look pretty bald". (Mind you it was a dry sunny day.) I couldn't believe it and felt I had no choice but to lawyer up.

Am I missing something? What about the police report in this scenario? $13000 in damage is not peanuts. Is there not a charge being laid here? I think the OP has left some information out. Was it a single car accident caused by excessive speed and he/she lost control? Or was someone else at fault? This could all determine the outcome of this scenario.

If it were some employee who was out of line, speeding all over the place (and I dont think it matters what their status is at the dealership), they should atleast be a charge laid in this case. I hope some extra compensation is thrown your way. If they dont, threaten to go to the media about their dealership and how they treat their customers after an unfortunate disastrous event caused by one of their representatives. An accident is an accident, an idiot driving like an idiot who gets into an accident is not an accident.

In the end though...you could be at the insurance company's mercy. GL with this ****ty ordeal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast