needs major schooling - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on needs major schooling within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's an interesting idea, I just hope you realize the conversion will likely cost more than buying a new WRX.. ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's an interesting idea, I just hope you realize the conversion will likely cost more than buying a new WRX.. and it will probably take six months to a year to complete (depending on how much work you put into it).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It's even less realistic to think a car like that would pass tech. If it did, frankly, I'd not even spectate at the rally.

Contact the folks that make Subaru powered sand rails, they will have engine control solutions and bits you'll need to mount the motor onto something or other of a cage or cradle you'll have to fashion.
    I dunno, it might be fun to watch (from afar) the front end of a rally car just fall off in the middle of a race.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I dunno, it might be fun to watch (from afar) the front end of a rally car just fall off in the middle of a race.
    I've put the dampers through the shock towers of an X1/9 in a previous life. Vastly over rated. Took years off my life from fright. One's suspension is a terrible sight.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Watched that happen to a friends truck while fourwheeling, definitely not fun, but if you're not in the vehicle it's something you can laugh at without shame so long as nobody gets hurt.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I know what you mean, sure.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ya I want it to be able to drive to cruise every once in a while but mainly for rally racing and believe it or not it would qualify in the extremes mod class. I rally the slightly modified. Next I have a lot of **** in the front in that I am reducing and re making as the car is yes a ****ty piece. I have hella room behind the dash to move about 8 inches in may not be enough but its for start. I was thinking dropping the condenser and ac and throw in a roof scoop for cool air. But I will have to take some measurements. Also I am just swapping to buckets all the way around which might be a big help to the drivetrain. About the autos that's what I figured autos suck anyways just was wondering. Suspension I am not worried about I would love to tweak with. And get it right as I did to add coil overseas to my dads mistakes for rallying. I figured a scrapyard drivetrain would be best just making sure there wasn't someone on here that had a subaru graveyard ha ha ha. Probably wont do it for about a year so I am just figuring everything out. Why would the evolution drivetrain be better I thought that was bigger. Thank you all for your input.

I Support ClubWRX
    Evolution would be better because it's an inline transversely mounted engine, like yours is. They just use a transfer case to send power to the rear wheels.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Now that is something I did not know! Thanks for that. Hmmmm I might have to go that route then.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you happen to price other companies for insurance or just one?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12