Heart vs Head - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Heart vs Head within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I agree I'm 38 and I get all sorts of dumb comments about the car when in reality its fun ...

I agree I'm 38 and I get all sorts of dumb comments about the car when in reality its fun and very practical

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The wagony awd practicality is what I told my fiance we were buying. The supposed sub 5 second 0-60 is what I told my friends I was buying
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Lol pretty much took the same route

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The wagony awd practicality is what I told my fiance we were buying. The supposed sub 5 second 0-60 is what I told my friends I was buying
    +1
    Same thing for my wife but I only got the sedan told her it had four doors instead of 2 like the Camaro or mustang. Have to say she took the bait. Butttttttt when I got home with it she got in the car and asked me why there was 3 pedals. Lol long story short. It's been 2 months now and she still is a little mad at me for getting stick. She can't drive nor can learn how to drive. It's a big win for me. Even when I told her they only come in sticks she still cannt understand way I got a stick. Next thing I need to do is to convince her I need to buy an AP. maybe I can go down the route like"honey it's going to improve mpg" think she will fall for that. Lol

Can't learn to drive or doesn't want to learn to drive? That's a big difference...and IMO, annoying.

You got a manual because you wanted a manual. Enough said.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    +1
    Same thing for my wife but I only got the sedan told her it had four doors instead of 2 like the Camaro or mustang. Have to say she took the bait. Butttttttt when I got home with it she got in the car and asked me why there was 3 pedals. Lol long story short. It's been 2 months now and she still is a little mad at me for getting stick. She can't drive nor can learn how to drive. It's a big win for me. Even when I told her they only come in sticks she still cannt understand way I got a stick. Next thing I need to do is to convince her I need to buy an AP. maybe I can go down the route like"honey it's going to improve mpg" think she will fall for that. Lol
    I did the same, love that we each have our own seperate cars (except I can drive her CX-7 if I need more room), plus I brought up the AP as something I wanted (sold her on the features of valet mode if someone else was driving it and gas savings etc) then brought up how the tactrix cable could do most of that and save us $400! I don't think she really cared either way, because when I talk about my car she tunes everything I say out. I recently explained what a downpipe is and she tuned out for a while and told me I could get it, winning! Unfortunately I decided on a new deck so the DP is on hold for a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by jlinnell98 View Post
    I recently explained what a downpipe is and she tuned out for a while and told me I could get it, winning! Unfortunately I decided on a new deck so the DP is on hold for a month or so.
    Lol, I need to pick the right time to explain what a downpipe and tune is. Hopefully she'll tune (no pun intended) me out and say yes too
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

My girl loves cars...I lucked out. She's yet to drive mine though. Hell, she lives in the middle of Philly and doesn't even have a car up here, so she hasn't really driven in 2 years she's been living up here.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    My girl loves cars...I lucked out. She's yet to drive mine though. Hell, she lives in the middle of Philly and doesn't even have a car up here, so she hasn't really driven in 2 years she's been living up here.
    I'm okay that my wife isn't into cars, she also isn't into golf - and I thank god each day for that...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Can't learn to drive or doesn't want to learn to drive? That's a big difference...and IMO, annoying.

You got a manual because you wanted a manual. Enough said.
    She has tried to drive the car but she tells me there is to much to do to get the car going. I have tried to teach her but we both get so fustraded with each other it ends up pretty bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Lol, I need to pick the right time to explain what a downpipe and tune is. Hopefully she'll tune (no pun intended) me out and say yes too
    Let me know how that goes. I might need to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by jlinnell98 View Post
    I'm okay that my wife isn't into cars, she also isn't into golf - and I thank god each day for that...
    This. While it is nice if my girl is into things I like, I also am glad she's not into everything I'm into.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by dj_red View Post
    Has anyone else struggled in their decision process with practicality vs. performance when purchasing their WRX. Any regrets after the purchase? Should I just take the middle ground and find a good used WRX? Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Actually, I struggled in my decision between passion and practicality and landed on WRX!

The opponent was a 2005 mazdaspeed miata as a daily driver (with me at 6' tall).... but hey, the WRX is more practical than some things! lol.

Plus, I did my test drive recently and... Oh my god.

With any luck, I should have one of the first 2013s. I'm trying to get my dealer to see if he can get me THE very first 2013, but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    This. While it is nice if my girl is into things I like, I also am glad she's not into everything I'm into.
    I don't care much about her being into things I'm into. The only thing that mattered was that my wife isn't into shopping.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345