Heart vs Head - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Heart vs Head within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; True. I use Impreza for anything from a 1993 1,6L FWD to a full works Gr A/8 UK-handmade competition car, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    True. I use Impreza for anything from a 1993 1,6L FWD to a full works Gr A/8 UK-handmade competition car, causing confusion and am at fault there.

I'd still buy a Honda if I wanted sensible.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just always think wrx on club wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Understandable, and more reasonable than me I have to admit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ride the Jetta into the ground man. Go get your AC and stereo fixed and pay the guy cash so he will do it cheaper. That raises the POS resale value. (Don't go with a JBL system and pioneer touch screen head unit... just get the thing fixed so you can stand it).

I drove my Celica for 13 years. A bit different situation because I actually loved that car, but I wanted a new car for the last 6 years and it just wasn't in the budget.

BUT, when my Celica did finally die, we had the funds to get a brand new car and not even feel it. It isn't a blip on the radar financially (even with premium gas). It is only because we just spent the last 6 years getting out of debt and making wiser $$ decisions.

Drive the Jetta. You are going to LOVE the 2014 WRXs!!
    - RayZorback
    "Wherever we want to go, we'll go. What the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. " OBP FTW!

1980 Nissan 280 ZX (first car in High School)
    2000 Toyota Celica (13 year baby - RIP 2012)
    This trunk is amazing.

interesting, i own an xterra and hate it....... that's why i ordered a 12 DGM WRX lol

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get a bugeye.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by killpsibot View Post
    mines on order and im still going back and forth ....part of me is like ok get something normal like a civic or focus
    (just sold my 09 focus ) and drive back and forth to work and be like everyone else.....or......get my dream car and say i did it .....im going to go for it and take the plunge...worse case they hold great resale ...i think im going to be going back in forth in my head untill i hold the keys
    That's why if I get one, I'd wait to find one on the lot. I don't think I could bear the wait!

I Support ClubWRX
    PBP is an amazing color, but it has the same problem as black. If you don't take extremely good care of the paint the imperfections will show.

There was a post on here recently where a guy picked his up from the dealer and it already had swirl marks in it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by killpsibot View Post
    i just always think wrx on club wrx
    Yeah, I knew I'd get some WRX-biased advise. Good thing I decided to post this here vs. a financial planning forum

Quote Originally Posted by RayZorback View Post
    Ride the Jetta into the ground man. Go get your AC and stereo fixed and pay the guy cash so he will do it cheaper. That raises the POS resale value. (Don't go with a JBL system and pioneer touch screen head unit... just get the thing fixed so you can stand it).

I drove my Celica for 13 years. A bit different situation because I actually loved that car, but I wanted a new car for the last 6 years and it just wasn't in the budget.

BUT, when my Celica did finally die, we had the funds to get a brand new car and not even feel it. It isn't a blip on the radar financially (even with premium gas). It is only because we just spent the last 6 years getting out of debt and making wiser $$ decisions.

Drive the Jetta. You are going to LOVE the 2014 WRXs!!
    The Jetta could last another year, but I hate putting more money into the POS car, never knowing what's going to break next.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Get a bugeye.
    I have thought of some middle ground in a used WRX.....but a bugeye is not for me.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Get a bugeye.
    This.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_red View Post
    I have thought of some middle ground in a used WRX.....but a bugeye is not for me.
    Why not?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I have an Xterra and my WRX, a Bugeye and an 01 Xterra SE. The Bugeye is much more fun to drive and built better. The Xterra is such a POS that i have retired it to Farm duty and driving off road only, i just got sick of fixing it to keep it road worthy, things on the WRX break too but i love the car..

a bugeye is not for me.
    GTFO!
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Why not?
    I just haven't fell in love with the style of the older WRXs. I would prefer an '09+ model.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just haven't fell in love with the style of the older WRXs. I would prefer an '09+ model.
    You should drive one. They are the most raw WRX model for driving experience. Sure, you would like a new one, but it would beat the snot out of a Jetta. It has kept me happy for nearly 10 years. If I get tired of it, it just needs a detail to come back to life.

Plus the style may grow on you:
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Not to be "old guy" but there is a lot to be said for not being car poor. I've known too many people who have overreached to buy the car they "dream" about, only to be cash strapped as a result. I've spent a lot of years driving used cars because it was the right financial choice, and it allows me to be in a position now where I can go the direction I want.

Debt is a bear that you are best to avoid.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast