Love The Feeling - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Love The Feeling within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Funny I always had people wanting to race my 02 WRX and 05 STi, nobody wants to try my LS1 ...

Funny I always had people wanting to race my 02 WRX and 05 STi, nobody wants to try my LS1 except riced out Hondas and Cavaliers Turns just as many heads when I give it gas tho, but not many waves anymore
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i love the feeling of waving to another subaru as well, and about the comment with the older people who drive subarus and don't wave, that bothers me but i have an interesting story from a few days ago. im getting onto the Parkway North right in Saddle Brook NJ, the on ramp brings you through a side-toll as the rest of the highway goes through regular tolls, as i was pulling through the toll I caught a glimpse of a '11 STi. Knowing that i had at least 4-5 exits to travel and not having anywhere to be, I stay over to the right lane and do 60 while waiting for the scubi to cath up, he eventually gets up next to me, its an older man who reminded me of my grandfather (had to be older then 55-60). i expect him to pass and not even turn his head toward me, but what do ya know, he gives me a wave, his wife gives me a thumbs up, i gave them both a nice wave and smile, he downshifted, got behind me, and followed me until i got off my exit.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I find the older drivers are more likely than 17-24 year olds to wave. Just my experience. Less attitude maybe? More into the camaraderie aspect? If their anything like me they had to wait on getting a toy like this for themselves so they are enjoying what they have.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Two up Two down.... VA.. U know what it is
    Well I guess bc I've always wanted a wrx and now that I get one I want everyone else who does have one to see mine as well lol... cuz I'm n the 24 yr old category

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    I find the older drivers are more likely than 17-24 year olds to wave. Just my experience. Less attitude maybe? More into the camaraderie aspect? If their anything like me they had to wait on getting a toy like this for themselves so they are enjoying what they have.
    I also find that its dependent on the area. Then again, alot(not all) of those upper class folk are usually seem stuck up in general.
    And like someone mentioned above, the new stinkeye crowd doesn't seem to know about the wave ='(
    Damn dealerships must be forgetting to mention that with new owners.

I had my first wave yesterday.

And I was so excited after years of solitude in the RSX that I honked my horn instead of waving back, I can only hope the other guy didn't have music blasting haha
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Lol see the first time it happened to me I honked n I haad never used my hella horns... scared the **** out of the ppl n front of me by accidnet

I forced some dude in an older wrb wagon to acknowledge me today...no one will escape calvinball in his quest for community!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm like 0 for 10-ish in my area. People around here are a little too busy driving I guess.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

dont stop the quest for waiving... there are cool people out there... i see em every now and then...

today was a good day for me.. tried waving to a hatch WRX oday... forgot I have 25% tint all the way around so i dont think he saw me.. he didnt wave but i did get the "finger point" lol, then as i was talking to my bro bout how cool subie owners are a blue wrx pulls up next to me gets out n has like a 5 minute convo about our cars... feeling the love

We do have a bunch around my area...I do get fairly often, an opportunity to stop at a redlight and have a quick window-down convo about what's done to the cars. Most of the time it's just "yeah I'm stage 2, yeah me too...nice dude! Sounds mean as hell. Alright, catch you around "
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I've been seeing a ton of new Subie's up by me in Paramus and Elmwood park NJ. The other day i saw 1 on my way to Elmwood park, and 2 on the way home.

I often seek out other wrx/sti while driving to be sure not to miss them when waving. I always feel awful when I catch the wave on the tail end and don't wave back in time for them to see me.

Not a ton of WRX/STi's in Hagerstown MD like there were in Montgomery County MD where I am from. Miss being around more of them

Registered User GuntherGoldenrod's Avatar
    I think this is what I look forward to most about owning a WRX.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.