New to the site and want some advice.

This is a discussion on New to the site and want some advice. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody, I just recently purchased my new 2012 WRX a few days ago, I've been doing some research and ...

New to the site and want some advice.

Hey everybody, I just recently purchased my new 2012 WRX a few days ago, I've been doing some research and , have been looking into buying a few extra things for my new ride. The first thing i think i want to switch out is the stock speakers bc like everyone on this site says, they're not very good. I was wanting to know any good brands or types some of you guys have put in your cars. That will give me a good sound quality. I dont want to replace the head unit bc i like the bluetooth and steering wheel controls. So im guessing an amp would be needed??? Not the best with stereo's can anyone help. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar
    Welcome - here is what I had done on mine a few weeks ago . (I went aftermarket on the head unit, but still have bluetooth and wheel controls work.)

2012 - Aftermarket Audio setup
    Last edited by AmandaWurlitzer; 03-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    2012 WRX 5 door - White - Stage 2
    Cobb AP, ProTune, Downpipe, Intake/Airbox, short shifter, shifter bushings, heat shield

I Support ClubWRX
    What is your budget?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm able to spend 500, I'll probably buy things slowly. Not looking to spend a whole lot if I don't have to

I Support ClubWRX
    Your best bet is to get a new HU before speakers. You could get the most expensive speakers in the world, but the HU won't make them sound any better than the ones you currently have.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    Your best bet is to get a new HU before speakers. You could get the most expensive speakers in the world, but the HU won't make them sound any better than the ones you currently have.
    +1

A better head unit will make your stock speakers sound better, then you can slowly upgrade them as well. Getting nice speakers with a crappy stock head unit will mean your nice speakers are not being used to their potential.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWurlitzer View Post
    Welcome - here is what I had done on mine a few weeks ago . (I went aftermarket on the head unit, but still have bluetooth and wheel controls work.)

2012 - Aftermarket Audio setup
    Ok my next question is if i go with the aftermarket HU what do i need to make my bluetooth and steering wheel functionable, is there an extra adapter i need to buy???

I Support ClubWRX
    Metra Axxess ASWC and to make things simpler you'll want the 20 Pin Harness from SVXdc here... Radio Wiring Adapter (Harness) for Subaru Impreza and Forester.

And for what it's worth, I just installed a Pioneer 4400BH on Friday without any other components and the difference in sound quality is night and day. I'm not even sure I'm going to need to upgrade speakers for a while because I'm pretty satisfied with the dramatic change just from adding the HU.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Quote Originally Posted by stevewatson View Post
    It makes absolute sense
    Who is this guy???
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Who is this guy???
    I dunno, but looking at his 6 posts, he's pretty much the embodiment of affirmation.

People that positive make me

- Will

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I dunno, but looking at his 6 posts, he's pretty much the embodiment of affirmation.

People that positive make me

Seriously...it was pretty funny seeing the reaffirmations he added to some of the threads. I dig it. Wait...

...Synolimit.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Seriously...it was pretty funny seeing the reaffirmations he added to some of the threads. I dig it. Wait...

...Synolimit.
    - Will