New Girl driving wrx!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Girl driving wrx!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by turrbro Thanks for the welcome guys. just dont say ne-vah-da and we can be friends. snows been ...

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys. just dont say ne-vah-da and we can be friends. snows been pretty scarce this winter. was hopin to try out the awd... anyways, anyone have any ideas on what cai and dp to get? also some guy wants to charge me 350 for stg2? good price or bad.
    The stock intake, according to most, is fine up to 400hp, unless you just want that sucking noise (there's a softball for ya guys). They can also be tricky, because you really want to be tuned to match. Downpipes, there's tons to chose from, I'll let someone else advise you on that cause I'm still waking up and don't remember everything I've read. I know there's different types, like bellmouth and such, but my brain isn't working enough yet to impart my recently gleaned wisdom.

Ah yes, the pronunciation! My buddy who lives near Vegas warned me about that. How is it supposed to be said?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Who's offering StageII for $350? Cory @ Mayhem?

I'd include an intake on the parts list.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Who's offering StageII for $350? Cory @ Mayhem?

I'd include an intake on the parts list.

ya mayhem... i have a buddy who will do it out of his garage. not really sure if that what i want though... seems kinda sketchy. isnt a dyno required?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Ah yes, the pronunciation! My buddy who lives near Vegas warned me about that. How is it supposed to be said?

its nev-a-da. a like apple.
    Last edited by turrbro; 03-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    A dyno isn't required for stage 2
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

ya mayhem... i have a buddy who will do it out of his garage. not really sure if that what i want though... seems kinda sketchy. isnt a dyno required?
    Nah, no dyno required. They will log your car on WOT runs...and make adjustments to the map based on the data. Similar to e-tuning or internet tunes. Its actually easier and cheaper than dyno tuning, but may take a few days/week or so to get it 100% set perfectly cause you have to go on runs after every flash of the updated/revised map.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turrbro
    No dyno is required. You simply do logging on the road instead of a dyno. The one advantage to a dyno is that you're not doing WOT pulls on public roadways. That said, every dyno tune should have some cleanup on the road once complete, which not everyone does.

UNYSOC

No dyno is required. You simply do logging on the road instead of a dyno. The one advantage to a dyno is that you're not doing WOT pulls on public roadways. That said, every dyno tune should have some cleanup on the road once complete, which not everyone does.
    Interesting point...I never had a little road cleanup session. But my tune was flawless on paper...and felt phenomenal on the road as well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

so then is it safe to go to a garage tuner? i would save about 150$$$. id much rather do that than pay, but i dont want any problems...

I Support ClubWRX
    so then is it safe to go to a garage tuner? i would save about 150$$$. id much rather do that than pay, but i dont want any problems...
    Depends on how much experience he has. If you save $150, and that tune costs you a motor build, was it worth it?

I don't believe Mayhem has a dyno; he tunes on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Interesting point...I never had a little road cleanup session. But my tune was flawless on paper...and felt phenomenal on the road as well.
    Did it just feel flawless/phenomenal or did you datalog?

Not saying there was anything wrong with your tune (I never saw any logs to justify that claim), but many times, if not at least checked on the road after, there's some work that could be done to make it better.

UNYSOC

Just felt flawless...and drove flawless in all weather conditions...who datalogs anymore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12