Need Advice On New 12 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Need Advice On New 12 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just dropping by to congratulate you on a good deal . I purchased my WRX from Michael Hohl Subaru south ...

KHP
    Just dropping by to congratulate you on a good deal . I purchased my WRX from Michael Hohl Subaru south in Carson City. Got a great deal from there.

Calvin is correct. The break-in period is 1000 miles while varying speed along the way(Should make for an interesting highway driving).

Seems like there's a lot people from Reno in this thread lol. It's a pretty rare occurrence here.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I thought the manufacturer recommended break in was 1000 miles?
    ^This.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Seems like there's a lot people from Reno in this thread lol. It's a pretty rare occurrence here.
    nice to see someone else from reno on here. sorry guys i thought it was a 500 mile break in. god, i must be retard of the year.

Whew! I was just making sure I wasn't the recipient of that esteemed award. I DID decide to have a little Irish whiskey tonight right about when I read that, so I knew my brain should not be trusted

Good to know it still worked even with all that peat in it! And good to know I may have helped you not break in your car incorrectly!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for all your support! When I get the details nailed down for the car maybe the Reno area folks would like to get together for a meet or lunch/dinner or Shady Lady Or if I schedule the pick up date on a weekend then maybe a mod day? I'm not sure I'm gonna do too many mods to the car. Been thinking about installing some led interior floor lights and possibly installing Led's in the cup holders(single led) and one on the door handle. I could even get a group buy on Led's if that's something some of you might be interested in. I can post this kind of stuff on the mods forum though so we don't have posts all over the place. You guys have great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    nice to see someone else from reno on here. sorry guys i thought it was a 500 mile break in. god, i must be retard of the year.
    Nah there's been worse...(most of the time it's me)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Thanks for all your support! When I get the details nailed down for the car maybe the Reno area folks would like to get together for a meet or lunch/dinner or Shady Lady Or if I schedule the pick up date on a weekend then maybe a mod day? I'm not sure I'm gonna do too many mods to the car. Been thinking about installing some led interior floor lights and possibly installing Led's in the cup holders(single led) and one on the door handle. I could even get a group buy on Led's if that's something some of you might be interested in. I can post this kind of stuff on the mods forum though so we don't have posts all over the place. You guys have great weekend!
    Famous last words
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123