Need Advice On New 12 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need Advice On New 12 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SPT intake for 2011/2012s?I don't think there is one....

I Support ClubWRX
    SPT intake for 2011/2012s?I don't think there is one.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    SPT intake for 2011/2012s?I don't think there is one.
    Damn you and your facts!

You're right though, just double checked on the website.

So, to the OP, If you get a $500 coupon for accessories, really the only things that make any performance difference would be the exhaust, which is just a sound difference, or the short throw shifter. Otherwise, you gotta decide if you want $500 worth of the other stuff.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Damn you and your facts!

You're right though, just double checked on the website.
    Subaru must have had a duh moment & realized that intakes need a tune.

Meaning they would have had to tell their customers to get a tune,which would be against company policy.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    1) Will I regret not going for the STI in the long run? I'm guessing I'd do the same mods to an STI as well
    2) As per a daily driver you guys think the WRX is a better deal for me?
    3) Price. I'm going back tomorrow around noon to test drive...any advice or things I should ask for?
    4) Sunroof..can't figure out why it's not an option for the STI 5 door
    1- Unless you plan on doing time attack or circuit tracks often you will not miss the STI whatsoever, It is not worth the nearly 10 grand extra for nothing but a diff control you will rarely use and 40 nearly unnoticable hp. The STI is faster but it's not worth it for everyday use
    2- Yes, see question one, haha
    3- dealers hate truecar.com, but i can honestly say to check it out, it is pretty accurate
    4- just go for the premium or limited wrx and it's all yours

Quote Originally Posted by zedvw2002 View Post
    1- Unless you plan on doing time attack or circuit tracks often you will not miss the STI whatsoever, It is not worth the nearly 10 grand extra for nothing but a diff control you will rarely use and 40 nearly unnoticable hp. The STI is faster but it's not worth it for everyday use
    2- Yes, see question one, haha
    3- dealers hate truecar.com, but i can honestly say to check it out, it is pretty accurate
    4- just go for the premium or limited wrx and it's all yours
    Ohh boy...here we go again...this just not true in the least.....
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Truecar is amazing. I ordered my wrx for 550 below invoice.

If you cab afford it, get the sti. However, the wrx it's still tons of fun and can be just as fast as the sti on the street. Track is a different story.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

One other thing to mention on Truecar is that I found the holdback on that site to be a bit off. Truecar listed the holdback on a limited STi to be about $1100. When I went to the dealership the next day I found from their paperwork (which did appear to be accurate) their holdback was a little over $700. Everything else was pretty spot on though, so it's definitely a good resource.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the heads up guys! I just tried Truecar and I kinda get the feeling I was almost taken to the cleaners. I'm actually kinda ticked about it. If Truecar is correct then it "seems" to me I was about to over pay by 7k. I'm looking at the average deal as well..not the "best" deal. Going to try Costco as well and see what happens. I'll keep you guys in the loop and check back to see if you have added anything else I should look at or try. Thanks again!

Did you register on truecar and get the three guaranteed prices?
    - Will

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys saved me some serious coin, thanks. The D-bags at Subaru Las Vegas have been hounding me now about " we can make it work now" after I called them out on it. Long story short Lithia Reno Subaru has now earned my cash. The thing that really pisses me off is LV Subaru was all like " we don't haggle, we don't believe in haggling..we give you the best deal the first time"....yeah well tell me why I just saved 4k OTD price for the same car? D-bags.

Truecar.com- I have to say it's downright hilarious how the car dealers start jumping up and down when you mention Truecar. LV Subaru, " we don't deal w/ Truecar"....yeah well 89 Subaru dealerships do! bazinga!

Glad it worked out for you:-)

Some dealers get it, some don't. I guess dealers make their payments by taking one of two approaches:

1. Rip off and piss off as many people as possible, while making a sale, but losing return customers.
    2. Sell cars for honest prices and make money off of referrals and repeat customers.

I'll choose to deal with #2 every day
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Long story short Lithia Reno Subaru has now earned my cash.

i live up here in reno. there is a 12 limited sti on the showroom. its a 4 door unfortunately. just dont give them your phone number ever. they called me almost every couple days for weeks, asking if i was still looking to buy... they just sold a wagon but were asking like 36 for it which was too much, due to the fact it was base. i ended up finding a great deal at a local ford dealership on a wrx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Once I told them I lived in Vegas and how I was treated they gave me a deal I can't refuse. They will have to order it and they agreed to not get a car from Cali, so I'm finally relieved. It's amazing the deal I got, I'm sorry Turrbro you didn't get the same deal.I've never been to Reno...yet
    Now I have to figure out how I'm going to have to "behave" driving it back from Reno while it's being broken in.

I'm going to have to "behave" driving it back from Reno while it's being broken in.
    good way to get that 500 mile break in period done with. wouldnt wanna speed down there anyways. too many cops. ive gotten so many ticket on my way to vegas... have a long stop at shady lady ranch for me though

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    good way to get that 500 mile break in period done with. wouldnt wanna speed down there anyways. too many cops. ive gotten so many ticket on my way to vegas... have a long stop at shady lady ranch for me though
    I thought the manufacturer recommended break in was 1000 miles?
    - Will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast