Finally joined the club
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finally joined the club within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I finally pulled the trigger. Picked up my 5dr WRX Premium PBP tonight. I'm absolutely in love. sadly I've ...

Finally joined the club

So I finally pulled the trigger. Picked up my 5dr WRX Premium PBP tonight. I'm absolutely in love. sadly I've also suffered my first battle wound. My driveway is right next to a storm drain so the curb is sorta steep into my driveway and even though I came at the driveway at an angle I guess it wasn't enough. I drug the bottom drivers side of the bumper and cheese grated the paint off and into the plastic

Owned it for 1 hour, drove it 50 miles and already tearing it up! Hopefully I'll figure out the driveway thing soon, I don't want to shred my front bumper.

Any other Subaru owners in the midwest? I see lots of folks from back east on here but haven't noticed many in the midwest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks! I forgot to mention I had the SPT exhaust with finishers and the short throw shifter installed at port. I think I'm going to keep this car a very long time.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats I love the sound of the SPT. How do the tips line up on the hatch? The 4dr exhaust is recessed and I may need to get some heat shields. Think as the scuff as getting your white shoes dirty hopefully it doesn't show much on the PBP

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, and welcome! You already have an excuse to get a front lip.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Congrats I love the sound of the SPT. How do the tips line up on the hatch? The 4dr exhaust is recessed and I may need to get some heat shields. Think as the scuff as getting your white shoes dirty hopefully it doesn't show much on the PBP
    I actually don't remember, I'll take a picture of the exhaust tips this afternoon and post em. Yeah, scuffing the white shoes is a good analogy. Since it's the underside of the front bumper it's not visible(I'm lucky I didn't catch the front edge, then I would have been really mad!) I'm waffling on whether I want to even get it fixed. Might get it fixed just because the car is two days old and I still want it mint! I'm looking into getting a 1'x8' steel plate to put down over the gutter between my driveway and the street to give me a bit of a ramp. Hopefully that'll help get the front end up quicker.

Otherwise I love the way it drives, my wife was bugging me the whole drive home to "watch out for cops" lol, she must have thought I was driving too fast.

welcome!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.