Buying a WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Buying a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yep, the dimming mirror is an option (even on the limited cars), and totally worth it. Before doing the short ...

Yep, the dimming mirror is an option (even on the limited cars), and totally worth it.

Before doing the short shifter consider the bushings first. These bushings make the shifter feel more precise, in a way the short shifter never could.
    Links to Cobb's front and rear shifter bushings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Yep, the dimming mirror is an option (even on the limited cars), and totally worth it.

Before doing the short shifter consider the bushings first. These bushings make the shifter feel more precise, in a way the short shifter never could.
    Links to Cobb's front and rear shifter bushings.

Yes! Ditto. I will be getting these as well. You can't beat the value!
    - RayZorback
    "Wherever we want to go, we'll go. What the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. " OBP FTW!

1980 Nissan 280 ZX (first car in High School)
    2000 Toyota Celica (13 year baby - RIP 2012)
    This trunk is amazing.

Well, I have the sales guy working up a quote for me on this:

Black, Subaru WRX Limited
    + Navigation
    + 10" Kicker Sub + amp
    + Front Lip Spoiler (to prevent cracks and scrapes)
    + Center Armrest Extension
    + Dimming Rearview (without compass and without homelink)
    + All Weather Mats
    + Cargo Tray
    + Sunshade

If the "price is right" -- after checking with a few other sources -- I'll be placing the order later this week! Do you guys have any idea of what sticker vs actual purchase price is on these? I have done a little research that is saying about 10-15% off, but I'd love to know what your experiences have been in the past.
    - RayZorback
    "Wherever we want to go, we'll go. What the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. " OBP FTW!

This trunk is amazing.

I'm in SoCal and just about every dealership I contacted was willing to show me the invoice cost on everything - including the car. Then, after a test drive, I asked that dealership to go under invoice on the car while keeping my accessories at their invoice cost, and the guy made good on that: $200 under invoice.

I HATE haggling, but I didn't even have to do any. I simply stated that every dealer I talked to wanted to gimme the car at invoice and I asked him to beat that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I love my auto dimming mirror, and I would go for something other than the Subaru sub and lip
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Please research the fitment and install on any other front lip before purchasing. I spent too much for the OEM lip for a 2 reasons - perfect fitment and no drilling.

+1 on ditching that little sub, especially considering that you will be doing some serious stereo upgrading later.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

GOT IT!
    Instead of waiting 10 weeks, I decided to take one that came in for someone else who backed out! See the details here!

If you have any questions about why I went with what I did, ask me!

Thank you for all of your help!!
    - RayZorback

This trunk is amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.