hello fellow rex owners
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hello fellow rex owners within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up this sweet little monster on the 11th, im new to the world of subaru, a friend ...

hello fellow rex owners

I just picked up this sweet little monster on the 11th, im new to the world of subaru, a friend of mine bought a 98 impreza back in august, then i bought my girlfriend a 96 impreza outback with 250k on the clock. after that i decided that it was time for me to get a nice wrx considering i loved the idea of a reliable fun car. i picked up this 03 wrx with 154k on in on the 11th. since then i have only drove my 05 350zr 1 time to get the oil changed and wash and detail it im in love with the suby. its fun to drive and quick as hell, where the z has the low end torque i still am amazed at the pull the little 2.0 has, and to be honest it feels so much faster!!!! just wanted to introduce myself and my newest toy! since i got it i did all the maintenance except a timing belt replacement, i did a diy headlight restoration, i wrapped the hood scoop in matte black and just yesterday i replaced the rough feeling inserts in the door cards with blue suede style microfiber to start on my interior upgrades. here are some pics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice cars. everyone loves wrb

thanks, also just to mention, it does have a vf34 turbo upgrade, aftermarket top mount, samco intercooler hoses, sti pink injectors, cobb tuned supposedly 290ish to the wheels, nvidia up and downpipes to a greddy turbo back exhaust, i only paid 4900 bucks for it, the dude i bought it from owned it from 840 miles, and was only selling to get a more fuel efficient car for is 115 mile a day round trip drive to work! i think i did great

nice. Definite sleeper because I thought it was completely stock just looking at it.
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by m[dot] View Post
    nice. Definite sleeper because I thought it was completely stock just looking at it.
    Lol for real. Other cars wont know what hit em.

Welcome to the club!!
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

thanks guys i plan on keeping it low key on the outside, but my next big thing i want to do is install a ej257 shortblock and have the 2.0 heads port matched to the cylinders! should be great on low end torque and bump up to about 330-350awhp with a good tune and water/meth injection, or atleast i hope thats what will happen, lol

Quote Originally Posted by droe2001 View Post
    thanks guys i plan on keeping it low key on the outside, but my next big thing i want to do is install a ej257 shortblock and have the 2.0 heads port matched to the cylinders! should be great on low end torque and bump up to about 330-350awhp with a good tune and water/meth injection, or atleast i hope thats what will happen, lol
    Good luck. Im sure you are enjoying it as it right now. Where are you located? East coast? West coast?

roanoke virginia

Cool. So I might see this in person at an event...after mine arrives of course :P

maybe, i dont think in my area there are many clubs anymore, so if i want to head out to any events i will have to drive to northern va or somewhere else! but yeah i like to get out to any and all car shows i can

Cool beans. I know the feeling. I stopped going to the meets for my acura but more because I wasn't even modding it anymore. Just kinda lost interest but definitely looking forward to whatever subie meets come up. Getting back into video editing. I need a couple rigs to attach to the car but will most likely end up making them. A friend is giving me his old goPro, plus a P&S on the outside and I could mount my iPhone on a headrest or something. I pretty much will to drive where ever for the meets. The furthest I've gone was VA Beach and somewhere in Philly once.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

We'll def. be hanging out soon!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.