Ordering my Rex Saturday...couple of questions...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ordering my Rex Saturday...couple of questions... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, new guy here, new to this forum and Subaru! I currently have a 05.5 Jetta, but this saturday ...

Ordering my Rex Saturday...couple of questions...

Hey guys, new guy here, new to this forum and Subaru! I currently have a 05.5 Jetta, but this saturday I will be ordering a dark gray 4 door WRX base. I understand there can be quite a wait for delivery, and I am seeing some people who have waited 3+ months, and others just 4-6 weeks.

What should I expect? I will be selling my car while I wait, and using the money as my down payment. The dealer has one on order that they offered to sell me when it arrives at a discount. No other dealers (I think in the whole state right now) actually have any in stock, and the ones that show up are "in transit". The one they have on order and are offering is the color I want (dark Gray), and some of the items I wanted to install (short shifter, bushing, STI knob, armrest extension).

What kind of discounts has anyone received from dealers? Any advice on the purchase? I have had over 8 Hondas through the years, and 6 VWs. I have done custom turbo's, superchargers, N/A builds, engine swaps as well as modding my 1.8t's (2 GTIs). I made my desicion with the 2012 because the bang per buck out of the showroom is impressive, and the potential is even better.

I looked at the new Golf R and the Lancer Ralliart as comparisons, and I think the WRX is the best buy. I want the '12 because I think this motor, although dated, has more potential that a smaller displacement motor (2.0), and I understand they will probably be going back to the hatch only for the WRX and STI, at least for the first year or so. I am a 42 YO professional, and like the look of a sedan and the WRX sedan's lack of rice appeal (not throwing any insults, just can't be driving a hot hatch or anything that might look out of place, I am in upper management and deal with clients all the time...)

I won't be modding for a while (probably when I get tired of the 265 HP). I would like to know of any known issues or maintenance/prevention that I should be aware of. Also, I have never had a full time AWD, and since I am in FL, I will probably keep the factory wheels/rubber, unless the rubber isn't very adequate, then I will probably replace them with something grippier when the OEM rubber is worn a bit. Is there anything besides keeping your foot out of it that will assist with the mileage? I know with my 05 GTI I had a GIAC stage 2+ and was doing about 240 WHP and would get 26 MPG, mixed city/highway. I don't think i will be flashing it for some time, but I don't like the 19/24 EPA estimates. I just stumbled onto this site, so I will be doing some searches for the next few weeks, and will probably have more questions. It there a better dealership in Orlando? Are there others around here that either go through a dealer or a mechanic? I have been to a local VW guy (Shannon at Full Throttle), who was better than the dealer, cheaper, and most of all honest.

If your still here, thanks for reading my post, hopefully this will be a lasting relationship with my first Subaru.

Thanks again...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i ordered mine 3 weeks ago from lee summit subaru in mo and they tell me it wont be here untill april....as far as price i got mine for 100 under invoice personally i would tell you dont pay anything over invoice call around that what i did i made them fight for my order i called every dealer for 100 miles ....im in the same boat i just sold my car and now im carless until my car gets here....

OK, I called the dealer and they informed me the DGM sedan was arriving on March 2, and since it has everything I wanted (except for maybe the shifter bushing), I put down a deposit on the phone. So at the very most I am looking at 2 weeks, which is awsome, since I don't do well with the waiting thing. I think it's odd though, I have never owned a Subi, and I haven't even stepped foot in a dealership, and now I've put a deposit on one without seeing one or driving one. Anyone need a perfect condition Jetta, here's a link... 2005 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5, $9,995 - Cars.com . I need to sell this now immediately, as I thought I would have some time...

Quote Originally Posted by killpsibot View Post
    i ordered mine 3 weeks ago from lee summit subaru in mo and they tell me it wont be here untill april....as far as price i got mine for 100 under invoice personally i would tell you dont pay anything over invoice call around that what i did i made them fight for my order i called every dealer for 100 miles ....im in the same boat i just sold my car and now im carless until my car gets here....
    I just picked up my base DGM WRX from lee's summit subaru on monday. I only waited 5 weeks. When did you place your order?

i ordered mine on the 6th of this month.......how much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me asking

I Support ClubWRX
    Even though you have a history of modification... don't modify this one until you know more about it.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Even though you have a history of modification... don't modify this one until you know more about it.
    I will probably upgrade the rubber and possibly suspension (sways, dampers, etc.) if I feel they could stand improvement. I will get a Cobb flash loader prior to modifying the engine/intake/exhaust. I will probably wait until the 36 month warranty is up (or mostly up) prior to doing any engine mods, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it for a year or so stock...
    on order - 2012 DGM WRX Sedan
    2005.5 Jetta Package 3 (for sale! - http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...Y_URL&stkTyp=U )
    2005 1.8T GTI (240WHP), 2002 1.8T GTI, 1998 Prelude (N/A Build 225WHP), 1991 Civic Hatch (JDM B18C5 swap)
    1996 Acura GSR (JRSC @ 13lbs), 1992 Civic Si (Greddy Turbo @ 8lbs), 1997 Jetta (Nuespeed equipped)

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds good
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveMaster View Post
    I will probably upgrade the rubber and possibly suspension (sways, dampers, etc.) if I feel they could stand improvement. I will get a Cobb flash loader prior to modifying the engine/intake/exhaust. I will probably wait until the 36 month warranty is up (or mostly up) prior to doing any engine mods, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it for a year or so stock...
    Wisdom/
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    a lot of people are leaning away from the cobb ap and its paper weightness. It would be a great product if they asked what the unit should really be worth but to be honest at $595 for 2 pretty ****ty stock tunes they are asking $300 to much. Id honestly rather shell out another $205 and get a stage 1 pro tune and a stage 2 pro tune, rather than pay $595 for a piece of crap to sit on your shelf. Just my .02

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

fast ? if you get a tune on your car so say im running a stage 1 tune and something goes wrong and i have to take it to the dealer can i turn it back to stock and if so willl they know it was tuned ......im really not planning on tuning my car but was kind of wondering this...

I ordered my base OBP WRX on Feb 6th from a dealer in glen cove Long Island, he told me to expect delivery around 6 weeks...is this total bull? I am scared because i need a car as soon as possible. I can wait 6 weeks but not 2 months. words encouragement would be appreciated

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxo29 View Post
    I ordered my base OBP WRX on Feb 6th from a dealer in glen cove Long Island, he told me to expect delivery around 6 weeks...is this total bull? I am scared because i need a car as soon as possible. I can wait 6 weeks but not 2 months. words encouragement would be appreciated
    he is being optimistic.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Go to truecar.com And get a certified guaranteed price. As far as the other stuff, but it then mod it. There is no other choice
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I don't mind waiting but i hate nothing more than false promises..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast