Greeting from Iowa
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Greeting from Iowa within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought an '04 WRX today after driving a gas thirsty Tundra for the past 6 years. Big tires and ...

Greeting from Iowa

Just bought an '04 WRX today after driving a gas thirsty Tundra for the past 6 years. Big tires and a V8 are not fun on gas. I started to miss the days of owning my Honda and not paying $100 for a tank of gas and only to have it last 220 miles. I can see already my JDM obsession is going to be back in full force. Probably not a good plan to buy this if I wanted to save money Any ways, I look forward to hanging around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks! Here's a pic of the car

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QUA1L
    Thanks! Here's a pic of the car
    Ditch the hood/wing
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Ditch the hood/wing
    Yah, I'd like different wheels too. XXR = crap. Hopefully Uncle Sam's tax refund can help fund some Volk TE-37s. Just got it, so all in time.
    Last edited by QUA1L; 02-28-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Looks fine to me :shrug:
    How many miles on her?
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Quote Originally Posted by m[dot] View Post
    Looks fine to me :shrug:
    How many miles on her?
    Im not saying I detest it, I'd just prefer a regular WRX wing or no wing at all. I like the style of the wheels, I just don't care for the brand. They are XXR's. If the hood was painted I'd be happier. 90K on the car. Drove it home from FL and had 0 issues and probably some of the best weather possible considering it's February. It was even 60 degrees when I got back to Iowa.

Welcome! If you ever plan on ditching the wheels I'd probably be interested lol.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Welcome! If you ever plan on ditching the wheels I'd probably be interested lol.
    You can have first dibs. I definitely want rid of them. Just need something else to put on first.

Quote Originally Posted by QUA1L View Post
    Im not saying I detest it, I'd just prefer a regular WRX wing or no wing at all. I like the style of the wheels, I just don't care for the brand. They are XXR's. If the hood was painted I'd be happier. 90K on the car. Drove it home from FL and had 0 issues and probably some of the best weather possible considering it's February. It was even 60 degrees when I got back to Iowa.
    You know what? I didn't pay attention to the WRX part. I just assumed it was a STI. I understand the not wanting the wing now.
    I understand the wheels too. Not a brand I would purchase either but considering you got it that way it's not half bad. Im sure you'll make
    it yours before the end the year between a color matching hood, wing removal and already got an interest in the wheels
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

Quote Originally Posted by m[dot] View Post
    You know what? I didn't pay attention to the WRX part. I just assumed it was a STI. I understand the not wanting the wing now.
    I understand the wheels too. Not a brand I would purchase either but considering you got it that way it's not half bad. Im sure you'll make
    it yours before the end the year between a color matching hood, wing removal and already got an interest in the wheels
    No problem Yup, just a 2.0 WRX. The previous owner even went as far to put STI floormats in it. I have ads out on craigslist and local forums to see if anybody would just be willing to do a straight swap on deck lids so I only have to have holes filed as a last resort. Im going to try and call around to scrap yards later this week, maybe I'll get lucky.
    Last edited by QUA1L; 02-28-2012 at 11:22 AM.

UNofficial Trunk Swap Thread

^^ That should probably help out trying to swap trunks.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Awesome! Thanks for the link.

So I have the infamous cold weather raw gas scent. Also, the highest octane non-ethanol gas near me is 91 octane. Figured if I am going to fix the gas leak, maybe I ought to convert to E-85 while Im at it as there are several stations here in Des Moines that sell it. People seem to say I don't need to replace fuel lines. Just injectors, fuel pump, and retune the ECU. Anybody on here running E-85? Thoughts? Opinions?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.