Premature New Guy from NY
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Premature New Guy from NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I say premature because I dont own a WRX yet, but I've been lerking around on the site for a ...

Premature New Guy from NY

I say premature because I dont own a WRX yet, but I've been lerking around on the site for a few weeks now. I've always liked Subaru's but fell in love with the new gen 5dr WRX/STI.

My current relationship is a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe.. Some will think "oh, okay.. my grandmother drives one of those" but this isn't your grandmothers Accord. It is a 3.5L, 6 speed M/T, Supercharged Accord. (this generation didn't come in a 3.0L v6/standard option. Only the 4cyl would come with a M/T)

This is my member ride page on another website, that I'm a "pioneer" on and a regular. It includes pictures, mod list, dyno vid, etc.
    »Form follows Funtion« MikeyMike's »3.5 »S/c »6 Speed MT »Coupe [Updated 2/20/11] - 6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Car is clean, show quality, and puts down a lot of power for an Accord. I've had it just about 10 years,(i'm 25) and I'm starting to lose the interest in the hassle of keeping it up and running. Its no longer a love for me...

I was one of the 1st people on the east coast to swap in the 6 speed manual transmission from an 03 Acura CL Type S. Now they are a dime a dozen. 2 years ago I cracked the block and decided it was time for a build.

The engine is out of an Acura CL Type-S (3.2L) with Honda Odyssey(3.5L) crankshaft/connecting rods/bearings etc. Again making me one of the 1st on the east coast (if not the 1st) to do the swap. After about a year of driving the car around, I wanted more. I aquired a Comptech Supercharger from a friend for a low price and installed that. Again more than likely making me the 1st person on the east coast running the swap. I'm at the point where it is running strong, I've met most of my goals with the car and I'm just losing interest. The time and money I'm putting into it is starting to annoy me considering I barely ever drive it. I never drive it in the winter. I mainly drive it in the summer months to car shows, track events etc.

I had it dyno'd a few months ago at Chris Miller Racing on Long Island NY. It put down 325 whp/299 lbs of torque on factory internals with an AEM fuel ignition controller. Which is lower then I expected, but higher then 90% of people will ever get out of their Accords.

Few weeks ago, I stopped in the local Subaru dealer (i work for a bodyshop, i went to where we get parts from) and had a WRX 5dr Limited priced out and received a $ amount in monthly payments a lot lower then I expected, which made me lean even more towards getting one. I'm going to wait out the winter, even through we've escaped bad weather for most of it, and head back there in spring to more then likely put one on order...

If you read all of this, Thank you lol... Hopefully will be highly involved here in the future..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Another Mike? Welcome.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Which dealer did you go to?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Smith & Carnes on central ave/i87 in Yonkers, NY

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    very clean accord. welcome!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
    Smith & Carnes on central ave/i87 in Yonkers, NY
    You mean Smith Cairns?

I am not a big fan of their sales dept.What price did they quote you.

When I tried to order I shopped around.They were the closest dealer & quoted me $1000 over what anyone else quoted.When I told them about it,they basically told me that they could not match the other dealers' prices & I was welcome to go order from someone else.Which I did.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

it was something like $389 w/6k down... im not a big fan of them all together, but my job gets parts through them so i figured i'd stop in. My boss knows a lot of people so I have him reaching out also to see if theres anyone he knows who can help me out... one of my friends moms works for a dealer in CT, I dont know which one though, I'll surely check out there too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also check out Milea in the BX.I got my car from them.They gave me the best price.Ask for Chris.

Also you may know this but if you buy a car from CT you will have to pay a transfer fee.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Welcome to the forum! Your accord's progression was very interesting/cool, I'll be looking forward to whatever mad science you enact on the rex!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Another Mike? Welcome.
    I know...it's not exactly a common name.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Don't worry. Premature ejaculation is a common problem.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    Premature ejaculation is a common problem.
    Don't spew this nonsensical BS to make yourself feel better...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Don't spew this nonsensical BS to make yourself feel better...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Who cares about premature ejaculation? If the girl gets you off, eff it...roll over and go to sleep. Your job is done
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast