Newbie w/ WRX, NY
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie w/ WRX, NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there, my name is Mike. Just got a 2002 WRX. Been looking here for a while now but since ...

Newbie w/ WRX, NY

Hi there, my name is Mike. Just got a 2002 WRX. Been looking here for a while now but since I now own the car I can actually justify joining. I live in Red Hook, NY (upstate) and look forward to having many adventures (hopefully more good than bad) in this car... Here she is as of today when I paid for her, title transfer and plates tomorrow then I can drive her HOME!!!

Anyone in the area hit me up, I'm always down to hang or help out...

-Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Grats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Check out the UNYSOC link in my signature...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks guys!

Welcome. Nice looking subi.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks Guys! I do have a question though... I DID SEARCH 1st but didn't see it labeled anywhere...

1) Where is the odometer info stored? Is it in the ecu or in the cluster itself?

2) Where would a boost guage get the psi reference from on the boost side of the system? Is there a specific port i should be looking for?

The car came with the A-pillar 2 guage pod and an oil temp guage and boost guage installed but neither are hooked up... not worried about the oil temp so much but would like to know boost pressure....

Also, does this site have an Android app? I know some do and when accessed from my phone usually prompt for a download but this one hasn't.....

Thanks in advance for any answers or directions to them.

-Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club also congrats on your WRX! For the phone forum APPs I've been using tapatalk forum app on my iPhone.
    I think it's on the androids too, but I am not sure.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

thanks I'll look for that one in the market...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Archametes
    2) Where would a boost guage get the psi reference from on the boost side of the system? Is there a specific port i should be looking for?

The car came with the A-pillar 2 guage pod and an oil temp guage and boost guage installed but neither are hooked up... not worried about the oil temp so much but would like to know boost pressure....
    Boost: vacuum line coming off the bypass valve.
    Oil temp: galley plug under the TMIC

UNYSOC

Welcome and grats!

As for an app I have an Android phone and occasionally it will ask if I want to use tapatalk. So you should be able to use it.
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkySTI88
    As for an app I have an Android phone and occasionally it will ask if I want to use tapatalk. So you should be able to use it.
    Tapatalk works on Android

UNYSOC

Can someone post a picture of just a stock engine bay? I'm not entirely sure but something looks missing to the left of my TMIC... there's a bracket directly off the passenger side of it with nothing attatched. I'm not sure how much or what other than a seemingly hack install of the boost and oil temp guages, and the exhaust system.... trying to determine how stock or modded it is.... Thanks, Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Archametes
    Can someone post a picture of just a stock engine bay? I'm not entirely sure but something looks missing to the left of my TMIC... there's a bracket directly off the passenger side of it with nothing attatched. I'm not sure how much or what other than a seemingly hack install of the boost and oil temp guages, and the exhaust system.... trying to determine how stock or modded it is.... Thanks, Mike
    Post a picture of your engine bay...

UNYSOC

Another tidbit i found today is the hose (line) from the turbo guage is under constant vacuum, when you hit the gas the vacuum lets off a little but not like there should be under boost. It IS spliced into the rubber line coming off the side of the blow off valve just like a How-To i found shows. It's a Prosport boost guage. I don't know if the wires are correct or not, they are spliced under the dash, the rubber line goes to a little box and the wires come from there up to the guage. When the car is started the guage lights up and does a full sweep then settles back at -30 vacuum. With the car just in acc. and not running it stays at 0 because there's no vacuum at this point... I'll try to get pictures up tonight or tomorrow...

Thanks, Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.