Newbie w/ WRX, NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie w/ WRX, NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't think anyone answered one of your questions, unless I fail at reading. I'm pretty sure the odometer info ...

I don't think anyone answered one of your questions, unless I fail at reading.

I'm pretty sure the odometer info is in the cluster.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You are correct in that you DID NOT fail at reading. Thank you, i figured no one answered simply because they didn't know. I only wanted to know for future referance and for plain having the information. Just downloaded the instructions for both gauges now so I'm going out to try and get the boost gauge (at least) working.

Thanks, Mike

Here's the engine bay pics, i hope they help... to the left of the intercooler there's an open space and a bracket, just wondering what was there or (in general) what's missing...

Thanks, Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Archametes
    Here's the engine bay pics, i hope they help... to the left of the intercooler there's an open space and a bracket, just wondering what was there or (in general) what's missing...
    Turbo heat shield. Doesn't look like the bracket after the downpipe is there, either. It's like $10-15 from the dealership.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Well for the past 3 days I've been getting a P0420 code (Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1) on the car. I was told when I got it the o2 (not sure which one) sensor need to be replaced so it would pass inspection. The company I got the car from did so and haven't had any problems. Called them with the issue, and they said they'd look at it when the wheel bearing came in, since that needed replacing too. Called again today to see whats up and told them about having to delete the code 3 times yesterday alone (about 200 miles driven). Suggested maybe front cat is shot, or front o2...etc. I know that there's a 3" exhaust from the turbo back with no cat. I know that this can be the issue for the code. I just don't want a quick fix that lasts the next 200 miles then comes back AFTER my warranty runs out. Would loading the Cobb accesport stage 2 work in this scenario? I may be able to persuade such purchase on their part since it'll be cheaper than them replacing the cats/o2's and such, but don't want to suggest it if I'm gonna get stuck having to replace the cats/o2's anyway in the end... any suggestions on how to approach this?
    Thanks, Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    P0420 is the rear O2 sensor and is being caused by the catless TBE. Replacing the sensor will do nothing; the code will keep returning. You need to do a mechanical fix (spark plug anti-foulers) or disable the code in the ECU. The Cobb AP will take care of this, as will OpenECU.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Tried the spark plug anti-fouler mod already, that didn't work. That's what's on there now. Still got the CEL though... Gonna try to talk to them today or Friday after work about it. A new cat for the 3" exhaust online is around $780 or so nit including labor or anything, so i'll just try to explain that the Cobb would be cheaper for them to get me I hope it works in my favor...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Thanks, Mike

Ok, stupid question time... what does the "I" mean for the "JDM" front grille badges? I've seen a few cars with it and like the look but not sure what I'd be representing with it on my car... So what does it mean?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Thanks, Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12