Dumped my old car for a spectacular loss, and picked up my first Subaru.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dumped my old car for a spectacular loss, and picked up my first Subaru. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everybody. I just recently dumped my piece of crap Dodge Nitro, affectionately (Just kidding! We hated that clam.) referred ...

Dumped my old car for a spectacular loss, and picked up my first Subaru.

Hello everybody. I just recently dumped my piece of crap Dodge Nitro, affectionately (Just kidding! We hated that clam.) referred to in our household as the "Notro" or "Nacho", for a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. My buddy owns a dealership up here in NH, so I went to him and got set up for a good price. After driving it for almost 600 miles, it is both awesome and frustrating by turn.

Stuff I like about it: Damn near everything.

Stuff that kinda pisses me off: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.

Ugly stock rims that look like they came off a Toyota Corolla.

Stuff that REALLY pisses me off: That stock stereo is pure crap. Crap. Unmitigated. It needs to go.

That stupid agreement that you have to "OK" before the NAV unit will let you do anything. It's irritating.

I'm really miffed that the NAV equipped WRX doesn't have Bluetooth connectivity. In 2008? C'mon.

Other than those issues, I really like it. And they aren't issues, just personal preferences. I really love this car, and after driving it, my Wife wants to replace her Jeep with a Subaru of some kind. If you guys have any solutions for the Stereo or NAV agreement, or how to make my interior lights come on when I open the door, I'd love some solutions. The Bluetooth thing is a $200 dealer option. Eff that noise.

ETA) Almost forgot a pic! Inexcusable!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-02-04_11-46-12_56.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	102544

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. My friend has a nitro.. He wants to set it on fire but doesn't want to go to jail for insurance fraud.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Honestly, that thing was the worst purchase of my life. The depreciation on it was epic. Did your friend have the, "Completely lose power on the highway" problem, yet? Say what you will about that dog, it was an adventure to own it.

Ah no side shot? I wanted to see what the rims looked like on that 08. Congratz on the purchase.

Unfortunately I have no idea on how to fix the issues your having.. I just like pictures of WRX's / STI's

I haven't taken any pics, really. I should go do it, but whenever I remember, it's dark outside.

I Support ClubWRX
    08-10wheels are hideous. buy new

The nav.. Well dumb... Stereo.. Replace speakers..

Blue tooth? Not til 2011.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Nav: do you have a phone capable of Nav? Use that instead!
    Stereo/Bluetooth: you can get aftermarket head units for pretty cheaper that will fix both of these, sort of. Many aftermarket units now have Bluetooth capability, and for a while the extra wattage of an aftermarket unit may make your speakers sound better than they do stock. May (I'm new to these cars too, in fact don't even have mine yet so this is just from past experience, so I don't know the stereo's weak point yet). And even then, you'll want to replace the speakers eventually as they won't last that long with extra power going through them.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    08-10wheels are hideous. buy new

The nav.. Well dumb... Stereo.. Replace speakers..

Blue tooth? Not til 2011.
    Who has good deals on speakers?

even aftermarket headunits have the nag screen, atleast my alpine does. replacing the headuit will make the system sound better too, you may not need new speakers. get a headunit with bluetooth to take care of that issue.
    2011 WRX Limited - Dark Grey Metallic
    [Cobb stage 2 93+ SF Intake] [Invidia Catted DP] [SMY Gauge Cluster w/Boost and Volt Gauges] [Monkeybone Racing Heater Vent Gauge Panel w/Oil Pressure and Temp Gauges]
    [Cobb Heatshield] [Kartboy SS] [Weathertech Floorliners] [Hardwired V1 w/Remote Display] [Complete Aftermarket Audio System] [Lighted WRX fender badges]

The dome light in the middle of the cabin i would assume has 3 options on it on/off/door. Well at least my 03 does the 2 in the front don't turn on when the door opens but thats meh. never been inside of an 08 i would think most cars are manufactured like that put it on door for it to turn on when you open the door. congrats on the buy dude welcome to the club!
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

I Support ClubWRX
    Stuff that kinda pisses me off: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.
    Like scoobaru03 said... there's an option to have the lights turn on when you open the door. If they don't... the bulb's probably out.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaNotSoLite;2852371.[B
    Stuff that kinda pisses me off[/B]: The fact that my interior lights don't turn on when I open the door.
    Did you try setting the switch to the middle position?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hope that was sarcasm tony...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I hope that was sarcasm tony...
    Nope.Its always the obvious.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    It wasn't obvious enough that myself and the post before me said it? ;-)
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.