Cobb Tuning So Cal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Tuning So Cal within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not sure if this is the right place - but there is a Cobb Tuning shop 2 miles from my ...

Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar

Cobb Tuning So Cal

Not sure if this is the right place - but there is a Cobb Tuning shop 2 miles from my work - has anyone dealt with them before? - It's in Fountain Valley (Orange County), CA. If this is the wrong thread, sorry - Just got my car a few weeks ago.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=5744
    Last edited by AmandaWurlitzer; 02-18-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks - appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.
    2012 WRX 5 door - White - Stage 2
    Cobb AP, ProTune, Downpipe, Intake/Airbox, short shifter, shifter bushings, heat shield

I Support ClubWRX

was looking there too

I was checking out their website and they have some alright cosmetics for Subies for cheap.

Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
    Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
    I can see spending alot of money there in the future
    I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.
    Cobb AP, ProTune, Downpipe, Intake/Airbox, short shifter, shifter bushings, heat shield

I'm also thinking of mod but don't want to void my factory warranty right now until I hit 30K miles. I'm still in the research mode with new 2012.

Do you know what what they quoted you for the cost for a Stage 1 protune?
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Not sure - still waiting on quote for everything. They respond by email, or you can call them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWurlitzer View Post
    Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
    Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
    I can see spending alot of money there in the future
    I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.
    Just an fyi/correction: DP = Stage 2
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

thanks ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.