Cobb Tuning So Cal

This is a discussion on Cobb Tuning So Cal within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not sure if this is the right place - but there is a Cobb Tuning shop 2 miles from my ...

Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar

Cobb Tuning So Cal

Not sure if this is the right place - but there is a Cobb Tuning shop 2 miles from my work - has anyone dealt with them before? - It's in Fountain Valley (Orange County), CA. If this is the wrong thread, sorry - Just got my car a few weeks ago.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=5744
    Last edited by AmandaWurlitzer; 02-18-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks - appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Jon used to work at a shop here in the northeast, TDC Tuning. He moved to CA and worked at HBSpeed. Now, they are Cobb Tuning SoCal.
    2012 WRX 5 door - White - Stage 2
    Cobb AP, ProTune, Downpipe, Intake/Airbox, short shifter, shifter bushings, heat shield

I Support ClubWRX

was looking there too

I was checking out their website and they have some alright cosmetics for Subies for cheap.

Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
    Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
    I can see spending alot of money there in the future
    I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.
    Cobb AP, ProTune, Downpipe, Intake/Airbox, short shifter, shifter bushings, heat shield

I'm also thinking of mod but don't want to void my factory warranty right now until I hit 30K miles. I'm still in the research mode with new 2012.

Do you know what what they quoted you for the cost for a Stage 1 protune?
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Not sure - still waiting on quote for everything. They respond by email, or you can call them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWurlitzer View Post
    Went and checked out Cobb SoCal today - Very nice place and much bigger than I thought.
    Everyone there was really cool, and the place was spotless. Really glad I found out about them.
    I can see spending alot of money there in the future
    I thought I wasn't going to get any mods done, but that thought didn't last long. Dropping it off 3 weeks from now, and getting Stage 1 - ProTune, Downpipe, and shifter bushings front and rear. Was thinking about exhaust as well, but might save that for later. Really excited to see how the car is after the mods. Wish I didn't have to wait so long - I just crossed 1200 miles today.

On another note - my new speakers are pretty much broken in, and they sound amazing. Just the system as a whole is so perfect for that car. The new Kenwood units are SO nice ~ glad I went aftermarket with the NAV/Audio setup.
    Just an fyi/correction: DP = Stage 2
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

thanks ~