New comer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

This is a discussion on New comer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hola!...

  1. #16
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,817
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hola!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Virtue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Murray, UT
    Posts
    15
    welcome sir

    really dig that picture ....way better than my driveway pic

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico516 View Post
    Welcome...

    The sticker will tell you all the options that were installed on it, so since you have the sticker you should be able to see what it has

  5. #19
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6
    well i guess i dont have the sticker does anyone else know how i can find what the car has for xtras?

  7. #21
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,790
    I Support ClubWRX
    why don't you just ask the dealer?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    why don't you just ask the dealer?
    Ok called the dealer the only performance part it has is the short throw shifter. Im thinking that i would like to deal with the turbo lag what can i do to fix it a little?

  9. #23
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,000
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jfyprsl13 View Post
    Ok called the dealer the only performance part it has is the short throw shifter. Im thinking that i would like to deal with the turbo lag what can i do to fix it a little?


    Turboback exhaust, 3-port EBCS, and a protune would reduce lag, increase power, improve sound, and be healthier on the engine. The factory tune isn't that great in the first place.

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    90
    so get a tactrix cable and order tune from eric at torqued performance and then if you want power get downpipe{catless =more power} and maybe an up pipe then get stage 2 from eric

  11. #25
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by '12 WRX Premium
    so get a tactrix cable and order tune from eric at torqued performance and then if you want power get downpipe{catless =more power} and maybe an up pipe then get stage 2 from eric
    The gains from an uppipe aren't worth the PITA install on the 2.5L unless going EWG or swapping turbos.

    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    Turboback exhaust, 3-port EBCS, and a protune would reduce lag, increase power, improve sound, and be healthier on the engine. The factory tune isn't that great in the first place.
    Agreed. I would add an MBC in conjunction with the EBCS, though.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #26
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    8,000
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Agreed. I would add an MBC in conjunction with the EBCS, though.


    Or EWG

  13. #27
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    And EWG
    Fixed

    Only reason I didn't include that is because the EWG is $500+ vs $125 for the Hallman Pro RX...
    Last edited by EJ257; 02-18-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  14. #28
    Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    39
    That's what I need - my car will hit 1000 miles in the next week.
    Need to find a shop in OC, CA to do the work - any recommendations ? thanks-

    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Turboback exhaust, 3-port EBCS, and a protune would reduce lag, increase power, improve sound, and be healthier on the engine. The factory tune isn't that great in the first place.

  15. #29
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,709
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWurlitzer
    That's what I need - my car will hit 1000 miles in the next week.
    Need to find a shop in OC, CA to do the work - any recommendations ? thanks-
    How close are you to Santa Clarita, CA?

    YimiSport

    Install the TBE yourself at home. Run a vacuum line from the actuator to the compressor to limit you to wastegate pressure (for your drive there). Install the EBCS and/or MBC at the shop in the driveway (shouldn't be more than 10 minutes). No sense paying $100+ for them to install it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  16. #30
    Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    39
    Very cool, thanks !! Not to bad - 70 miles away, but actually have some relatives in that area, so can make the trip.
    I love cars, but have never worked on one - EVER ...
    I will check them out.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    How close are you to Santa Clarita, CA?

    YimiSport

    Install the TBE yourself at home. Run a vacuum line from the actuator to the compressor to limit you to wastegate pressure (for your drive there). Install the EBCS and/or MBC at the shop in the driveway (shouldn't be more than 10 minutes). No sense paying $100+ for them to install it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •