Future New WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Future New WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, and girls, I thought it was about time for me to finally register and post on here. I've ...

Future New WRX Owner

Hey guys, and girls, I thought it was about time for me to finally register and post on here. I've been lurking on here and NASIOC for a few months. I must say, everyone on here seems a lot friendlier. Well on the 4th of February I placed an order for a 2012 Base WRX hatch in SWP. The only upgrade I added from the dealer was the STi short throw shifter. I've already book marked a few parts I plan to order in the coming month or so thanks to guides and posts on this site.

I'll be trading in my 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. I will miss it dearly, but I couldn't resist the urge to get my own WRX. The local Subaru dealership gave me a nice price so I took them up on the offer. It was pretty sad taking off all my mods, haha.

My only previous experience with a surbaru or WRX was with my girlfriends 2005 WRX sedan. It was an awesome car and kept us safe after being side swiped and getting sent into the freeway wall @ ~50. Needless to say she's a little bummed at me getting a new WRX before her.

Heres an earlier photo of my truck. The only cosmetic changes are that the rims are matte black and I have tinted tails.

Oh and here's one of my gf's old wrx. That's where we came to rest after doing a 360 after the girl (on left) slammed into the side of us.

Last edited by Mechanized DNA; 02-16-2012 at 10:36 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.The 2nd pic doesn't work.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome! I myself have done what u did in lurking on both forums and I too like this one better. I also just ordered a wrx base in swp but a hatchback. Good luck with yours! I can't wait to get mine, this 4-6 week wait to have it built is killing me!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, and welcome!
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Welcome to the club. Be sure to post some pics of the new ride when you get it.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Second pic should be working now.

Rico I actually ordered a hatch also. I guess I forgot that in the first post. You're lucky you were told 4-6 weeks, I was told 6-12.

Thanks for the welcoming guys. I'll be sure to post some pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	three-bears.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	102466

Rico: 4-6 weeks is too long!!
    Mechanized: 6-12 weeks is too long!!
    C-ball: 6-8 weeks is too long!!

I guess Subaru didn't read their American children's stories!
    - Will

Mechanized - 6 to 12 weeks?? Ouch! I feel for you but hopefully they said that just to make themselves look better when they call u in 4 or 5 weeks to say your car is in. That's cool you got the hatch, I personally love the way the hatch looks.

Calvinball - 4 to 6 is too long, it's driving me crazy and it's only been 1 week since I ordered it!!

However I think the wait will make me appreciate the car that much more knowing I got exactly what I wanted made just for me, not some dealer trade that had an extra option that I didn't want and had to argue about paying for.

I Support ClubWRX
    If its any comfort to you guys ,I got my car after 12 weeks.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Mine took 8. 4-6 ain't bad.

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    If its any comfort to you guys ,I got my car after 12 weeks.
    Ouch!!! I honestly would have contemplated getting a diff car if I had to wait that long... I don't have enough patience to wait that long

Ordered an Impresza Sport Limited ( I know not a WRX) on Dec. 30th 2011. they said 4-8 weeks Got a email today from the dealer. Should arive on 3-16-2012. 15 1/2 weeks.

It seems like a lot of people who ordered before the new year got long wait times. Lingering production issues over there in Japan?
    - Will

I thought the car was made in Indiana... I thought I read that somewhere... All the parts are from Japan but car is assembled in Indiana

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.