what bhp can i see from these mods thanks
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what bhp can i see from these mods thanks within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi i own a impreza bugeye 2002, it is completely standard at the mo, i have just bought these mods ...

what bhp can i see from these mods thanks

hi i own a impreza bugeye 2002, it is completely standard at the mo, i have just bought these mods what bhp can i see from these mods

front mount intercooler,

de-cat from turbo back,

induction kit,

tdo5 turbo,

pink injectors

braided brake hoses

any advise would be gratefull

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    No way for us to tell.. for one, there's tons of different td05 turbos of different sizes that make drastically different power. There are lots of different FMICs out there, you didn't say what size your exhaust is or whether you replaced the uppipe (probably the most important mod you should do before anything else). Not even sure what an "induction kit" is. You will need to elaborate. Things like, brand names and model numbers would be helpful.

Even then the only person that can somewhat accurately answer that question is your tuner..

tdo5 16

220-280 whp depending on dyno and tuner and parts....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

im also going to remapp

Quote Originally Posted by markisgoing View Post
    tdo5 16

Like, a 16g? Blouch 16g? 16g-XT? EVOIII Big 16g? There's a lot of differences..

You're probably going to want to get a higher flowing fuel pump as well.

sorry its a td05 20g

Quote Originally Posted by markisgoing View Post
    sorry its a td05 20g

20g-XT? 20g-XTR? 7cm hot side, 8cm.. 10cm? 2.4" inlet? 3" inlet? Is it made by Blouch? FP? Deadbolt? MAP? All of these things make a difference and could mean plus or minus 40 or 50bhp.

Just saying it's a td05 20g is kinda like saying, "I just bought a four cylinder car, how much power do you think it will make". To make a guess at power we need to know what turbo it is? There are at least 100 different variants of a td05 20g..

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've already bought these parts. You may have been better off to move a little more incrementally, that is, go to a Stage 2 configuration (turboback exhaust, uppipe, engine map), and see how that does for you. At that point, you could decide whether or not to trouble with a larger turbocharger, which opens up a different can of worms.

If you're putting a 20G on a 2.0 car (2002-2005 WRX's), expect the daily drivability of the car to suffer. You'll actually make less power down low, and will need to rev it out to get what the turbocharger can give you.

Have you confirmed that the engine is healthy? (compression, leakdown tests)
    Find a competent tuner in your area, who knows Subaru's and has an AWD dyno. You'll need it to properly do a turbo swap.

Good luck with it!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ok thanks for the advice i can scrap the turbo idea, ie sell turbo, but gains can u get wiith a stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll let someone else address that with a more recent answer...back when I was running Stage 2, and using Cobb's maps, it took a typical 2.0 WRX from about 175 awhp to somewhere areound 220-225, depending on the dyno used and the car. People may be getting better numbers with open-sourced tuning.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.