2012 sedan wrx need some exhaust help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 sedan wrx need some exhaust help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Magnaflow/nameless looks pretty nice, anybody with pics installed?...

Magnaflow/nameless looks pretty nice, anybody with pics installed?
    Last edited by Calvinball; 02-14-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Truth: Nameless is handmade here in the US by a great company with great customer service and is most likely "better quality" than most of the other exhausts you're looking at.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by killpsibot View Post
    just ordered my 2012 last week and havent even got it yet
    How about drive it for a little bit first??? Not only that, believe me when I tell you that you'll want to do more to the car after the exhaust. Change is a slipperly slope my friend. I was determined to leave mine all factory when I got my 2010 in oct 09...... its now had all its driveline mounts changed, short shifter/bushings, swaybars, endlinks, stageII tuned, sti front springs, second set of wheels, debadged... etc. Improvements are like pringles... seriously I'm not kidding.

Its a NEW car.. dont cheap out. The cobb cbe fits absolutely PERFECT and sounds great (though that is completely subjective, I like em a little on the quiet side INSIDE the car). Nameless is also top notch quality and sounds great. Turboxs is going to be a bit loud/raspy (gets unholy loud after changing the downpipe) and mine didn't fit correctly without some massaging. Not quite N1 race loud.. but loud enough to get cop attention. If that's what you want its up to you.. but if you spend long hours in the car and dont like getting pulled over for nothing, it'll get old fast. The q300 is a decent exhaust sound wise. I cannot comment on fitment since I haven't installed one (the first three I mentioned I've first hand experience with installs) I have heard a few q300's outside the car and they sound good.. however I've not been inside for a drive with one so cant comment on that either.

Personally, I'd get the car and drive it a few weeks and really decide where I wanted to spend my money. I recommend everyone do this. No one likes wasting hard earned cash. First thing I got for mine was a set of shifter bushings, then a short throw shifter, then sway bars. It comes down to one question. Do you want actual performance? Or do you just want to show off?
    Last edited by mangostick; 02-14-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Stock exhaust is so quiet =) and i like the sound of the cobb.. thinking of gettin one as well but want to wait a bit first. Exhaust isn't one of those mods you need to get right away since it doesn't do anything to your car but make it louder. I have my car for 3 months, even tho my car is quiet i went for an ap (Short shifter soon) instead of blowing 500+ on exhaust. just my two cent

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Custom made right here in the US

That looks beautiful
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

thanks for the input ..i know if i wait im going to end up wasting the money on something else so thats why im in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Truth: Nameless is handmade here in the US by a great company with great customer service and is most likely "better quality" than most of the other exhausts you're looking at.
    So true. They make them when you order them and i cant say enough about how good their welds are not to mention it seems like a great group of guys. The exhaust sounds pure mean! If you have any questions just give them a call. they are very helpful.. they have catback exhaust as well if paying more would make you feel better..

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch89 View Post
    So true. They make them when you order them and i cant say enough about how good their welds are not to mention it seems like a great group of guys. The exhaust sounds pure mean! If you have any questions just give them a call. they are very helpful.. they have catback exhaust as well if paying more would make you feel better..
    I have nameless as well and the quality is awesome and I love the sounds. I get some many compliments on the exaust not "ricey" at all very deep rumble and mean as hell! for $300 its awesome.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Run open downpipe.

/thread.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I have a 2011 wrx sedan.Just couple of weeks ago i got my Borla atak exhaust.Its sounds like a dream.But you will only like it if you are looking for a loud one becouse this one is extremely loud.I guarante

thanks im going to look into the namelessi just have seen alot of people getting rid of the np and getting the q300 and i dont want to buy one and have to upgrade latter

Nameless FTW! I'll be picking up one very soon myself. Great bunch of guys and great customer service as well.

i went with the q300 just ordered it today....i looked into the nameless just wanted to go full cat back and just didnt like the look of the nameless. but i will say the nameless by far is the best axleback on the market it sounds sick and for the price you cant beat it....

Wow this has made my exhaust system choice awhole lot easier my uncle is 60 yrs old and told me my WRX sounded wimpy lol. Ive been searching for an exhaustbfor a couple weeks now and this bybfar has helped. Nameless performance ftw good reviews and excellent welds I wanted quality over a name and this seems to be it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12