New member-second Subie - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member-second Subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My clear coat is DGM....

My clear coat is DGM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User artisticschmidt's Avatar
    Have the people of this forum actually EVER raced each other? Just wondered... I love the topic guys. You could probably get a few dozen more posts out of it. But don't argue on my account!
    2012 WRX WRB
    (previously) 2006 Legacy GT Limited OBP

www.articticschmidt.com

Mikie once raced Drews on a dirt road......well, Drews made a wrong turn, we'll leave it at that for now.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Mikie once raced Drews on a dirt road......well, Drews made a wrong turn, we'll leave it at that for now.
    Yeah that's where things begin to get a little foggy...wait, I mean...a little soggy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah that's where things begin to get a little foggy...wait, I mean...a little soggy.
    Lol...<3

BTW...nice new avatar, Mikie.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Lol...<3

BTW...nice new avatar, Mikie.

Legends of the Hidden Temple...Omec FTW!

Well excuse me [DGM crew]. Don't want to step on any toes, but I still have to stand by my original statement. I just figured that's why the SWRT used it to gain those extra seconds... Oh well.
    2009 WRX Hatch, WR Blue
    [Stage 2]

I forgot to mention my 2012 WR blue WRX base will have fog lights, spoiler, all-weather mats, wheel locks, SPT catback exhaust and blue interior illumination kit.
    2012 WRX WRB

www.articticschmidt.com

Opinions on the following?

I've heard the SPT exhaust is loud inside the car... I like the look of it and the sound outside the car but is it worth it? Plus I have a 15 month old daughter that will be in the car sometimes.

The interior illumination kit wasn't my choice. It was what the car was coming with from the factory. I'd rather have a short throw shifter and/or a auto dimming mirror.

Any other options that I should consider in the future? Do you think a K&N air filter is a good and easy mod? I had one on my Legacy and loved it.
    2012 WRX WRB

www.articticschmidt.com

SPT exhaust shouldn't be terrible...it's all relative. Only way to find out is to hear it when you get it and assess from there

You can always add a short shifter later. I think the blue illumination would be cool. I'm thinking about doing some kind of illumination in my 05 STI.

K&N filters generally aren't a good idea as they are oiled. That can gunk up the MAF sensor, and actually are known to not actually filter as well as stock. Stick with the Subaru paper filter. Keep in mind, If you go for an intake such as SPT, AEM, Cobb or something down the road, you will need to get tuned.

I may look at doing the footwell illumination kit eventually too, I put in LED's for a similar effect in my GTP many years ago, and the RSX has a little red light illuminating the front cupholder. Kinda like it, but I'm undecided.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks Mikie and Calvinball!

Those comments make me feel better. I thought the interior illumination would be kind of cool (especially blue in a WRB car) so that's why I didn't change it initially. The comments about the exhaust makes sense. I'll skip the K&N filter also. Def considering adding the short shifter later on. I should have my car next week sometime! Appreciate it, guys.
    2012 WRX WRB

www.articticschmidt.com

I got my car Wednesday and am loving it! I posted pictures in the gallery.

I need some more advice ASAP! What do you guys think of the "acid rain sealant" and "fabric protector"? They have a package deal of $299 for both until the end of February. I know I can technically buy the spray for the interior and do it myself but the price only works for the package.

Also, Any thoughts on the "rust inhibitor" and "underbody protector"? I can do all four of these for $499. Worth it?

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!
    ~Chris
    2012 WRX WRB

www.articticschmidt.com

Quote Originally Posted by artisticschmidt View Post
    I got my car Wednesday and am loving it! I posted pictures in the gallery.

I need some more advice ASAP! What do you guys think of the "acid rain sealant" and "fabric protector"? They have a package deal of $299 for both until the end of February. I know I can technically buy the spray for the interior and do it myself but the price only works for the package.

Also, Any thoughts on the "rust inhibitor" and "underbody protector"? I can do all four of these for $499. Worth it?

Thanks in advance for your replies and help!
    ~Chris

Sounds like scamcity to me
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post

Sounds like scamcity to me
    +1. Use the $500 for a protune or an Accessport.
    * * COMPLETE PART-OUT STARTS FRIDAY, AUG 1, 2014. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast