New Member Soon to be 9-2X Saabaru owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member Soon to be 9-2X Saabaru owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to swing by and say hello from Medina Ohio. Im picking up a Saab WRX.............er 9-2X lol. I ...

New Member Soon to be 9-2X Saabaru owner

Just wanted to swing by and say hello from Medina Ohio. Im picking up a Saab WRX.............er 9-2X lol. I wanted a WRX but this car was alot cheaper then the Subaru. Im picking it up for 6900 plus trade in of my POS civic. Sadly Im also having to sell my 2000 Mustang as i cannot afford to keep it anymore due to having a family now. The car is an automatic, but compaired to my civic its pretty stinkin quick. I was actually supprised. I kinda have to stay automatic because my wife cant drive stick. One question I have is will pretty much all perfomance parts from the WRX work or fit the 9-2X? Also when I test drove the car and I was looking at the car the Shifter was quite hard to put into gear. Like it was sticking or the linkage might have been bound up. Also the hatch didnt want to open when it was unlocked. Are these normal problems with the car? Im new here and this will be my first hatch back car Ive ever owned.
    Last edited by 92xScott; 02-11-2012 at 05:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No one replyed? Is it because I'73m getting a 92x and not a wrx?

Well maybe nobody replied because not really too many people have the 9-2x, especially around here on this forum...not exactly a common car.

Most parts should fit without a problem. I'm not sure about ECU mapping however. Have another mechanic look at how it shifts and they'll be able to tell you if it's a problem or not.

Goodluck!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well maybe nobody replied because not really too many people have the 9-2x, especially around here on this forum...not exactly a common car.

Most parts should fit without a problem. I'm not sure about ECU mapping however. Have another mechanic look at how it shifts and they'll be able to tell you if it's a problem or not.

Goodluck!
    I believe the ECU mapping is the same since I've seen my tuner use ROM Raider on one.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The only differences you have to worry about are aero and body parts; the motor, mapping, and chassis are identical.

What year 9-2x are you picking up?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2005 here are some pictures.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice find.

Parts are the same as said.

I know nothing about AT.

You called your wife "wide" - don't let her see that!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Nice find.

Parts are the same as said.

I know nothing about AT.

You called your wife "wide" - don't let her see that!
    Thanks all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
    Also the hatch didnt want to open when it was unlocked.
    Does the rear hatch open fully when you push it up? It could be that the struts have warn out or have been damaged.

Welcome to ClubWRX!

It opens just fine and stays open. its the latch or the handle that seems to not let it open at times.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It opens just fine and stays open. its the latch or the handle that seems to not let it open at times.
    It isn't a common problem - the latch probably slipped and needs adjustment, lubricate, or replace the latch. Hopefully the rear of the car isn't bent though....
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

After reading more and more about the automatic turbos it seems like they cant seem to get out of their own way? I'm coming from a 1999 civic ex. I also use to own a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 speed. Seems manual trans WRX and 92x are hard to find. It also sounds like they are hard to make faster? Maybe I'm reading this wrong? Also as far as the automatic is concerned the shift lever is extremely hard to move through the gears. It seems sticky or too stiff. Could this be cable related?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    After reading more and more about the automatic turbos it seems like they cant seem to get out of their own way? I'm coming from a 1999 civic ex. I also use to own a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 speed. Seems manual trans WRX and 92x are hard to find. It also sounds like they are hard to make faster? Maybe I'm reading this wrong? Also as far as the automatic is concerned the shift lever is extremely hard to move through the gears. It seems sticky or too stiff. Could this be cable related?
    The auto tranny is widely considered stronger than the 5spd. Also, no shifter cables in the Subarus; direct linkage FTW
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Interesting. After reading and seeing so many say the auto is terrible in the performance department. on the note of stiff and sticking shifter, what could it be? Maybe the linkage? Thanks for the help so far for a noob like myself

Seems like everything just had to be worked back in after sitting on the lot. Now my next question is, and Im sure its been answered before. But Ill ask it anyway as I am having trouble finding a good set of shocks and struts. KYB does not list GR-2's for the 92X but then I really dont want GR-2's I want something that will work well with lowering springs like the STI pinks later on down the road. All of this talk too about sedan shocks and struts fitting but loosing alot of camber also makes me nervous and think twice about them. I will consider STI shocks and struts but makes me nervous thinking about greasing them Im also not sure about fitment from sedan to wagon. I also do not know where to find a full set of springs and dampers. I also do not want inserts. And GR-2 from what I see are not that great ride quality or handling. I was thinking of these http://www.customcarscentral.com/tkc...u-wrx-sti.html (because i don't want to fool with adjusting stiffness) but again it makes me nervous about getting something that says also fits wagon, which says to me they are sedan specific. Im replacing because im getting a clunking sound from the fron right side of the car. But 102,000 miles i guess that will happen. Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by 92xScott; 03-03-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast