New Member Soon to be 9-2X Saabaru owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member Soon to be 9-2X Saabaru owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nice car...

I Support ClubWRX
    nice car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 92xScott View Post
    Seems like everything just had to be worked back in after sitting on the lot. Now my next question is, and Im sure its been answered before. But Ill ask it anyway as I am having trouble finding a good set of shocks and struts. KYB does not list GR-2's for the 92X but then I really dont want GR-2's I want something that will work well with lowering springs like the STI pinks later on down the road. All of this talk too about sedan shocks and struts fitting but loosing alot of camber also makes me nervous and think twice about them. I will consider STI shocks and struts but makes me nervous thinking about greasing them Im also not sure about fitment from sedan to wagon. I also do not know where to find a full set of springs and dampers. I also do not want inserts. And GR-2 from what I see are not that great ride quality or handling. I was thinking of these Tokico HP Shocks Struts Subaru WRX 02-05 - HB3206, HB3207, HB3208, HB3209 (because i don't want to fool with adjusting stiffness) but again it makes me nervous about getting something that says also fits wagon, which says to me they are sedan specific. Im replacing because im getting a clunking sound from the fron right side of the car. But 102,000 miles i guess that will happen. Thanks for the help guys.
    Yup. It sounds like you have done the research you need to know that you should be doing the Konis and hacking open your strut housings. It isn't that big a deal - I'd be happy to loan you the pipe cutter I bought. Those linked as "inc. wagon" sounds to me like a euphemism for "if you don't care about camber loss". It has been so many years since I did my research and bought my parts that I can't remember all of the intricacies. I can tell you you want to do the Koni's for sure though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Ok say I go with the Koni's how long would the car be off the road? Ill look around for any how-to's on hacking the stock struts. And just like that I found a step by step on those koni's http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1219607
    Last edited by 92xScott; 03-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12