new guy from VT

This is a discussion on new guy from VT within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It took me a while to figure out which wrx forum I wanted to join but I think this one ...

new guy from VT

It took me a while to figure out which wrx forum I wanted to join but I think this one is going to fit well. A little background on me...

I'm coming from a mazda speed6 that had a freak accident where I was letting it warm up and then it caught on fire. I then proceeded to watch as it burned to the ground. It was a sad day, I loved that car and put a lot of love into it. It was pretty much fully bolted running a custom Stage 2 map. I was just happy that no one was in it (especially my 6 month old) and that it wasn't in my garage.

I always knew a wrx was going to be my next car, I just didn't know it was going to be this soon! I picked up a WRB 2010 wrx hatch earlier in January and I've been loving it ever sense. I'm excited to learn a lot about this car and how to improve it. I'm going to keep my mods pretty simple for a while until I get a better feeling for the car. I'm thinking short throw w/ bushings, DP, and the open source tune. I ran an AP with the mazda but after reading so much about OS I feel that's a much better way for me to go.

Let the learning begin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mazda.jpg   wrx.jpg   wrx1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! That's terrible about your Mazda, I'm glad no one was injured.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    It took me a while to figure out which wrx forum I wanted to join but I think this one is going to fit well. A little background on me...

I'm coming from a mazda speed6 that had a freak accident where I was letting it warm up and then it caught on fire. I then proceeded to watch as it burned to the ground. It was a sad day, I loved that car and put a lot of love into it. It was pretty much fully bolted running a custom Stage 2 map. I was just happy that no one was in it (especially my 6 month old) and that it wasn't in my garage.

I always knew a wrx was going to be my next car, I just didn't know it was going to be this soon! I picked up a WRB 2010 wrx hatch earlier in January and I've been loving it ever sense. I'm excited to learn a lot about this car and how to improve it. I'm going to keep my mods pretty simple for a while until I get a better feeling for the car. I'm thinking short throw w/ bushings, DP, and the open source tune. I ran an AP with the mazda but after reading so much about OS I feel that's a much better way for me to go.

Let the learning begin!
    Wow! First, thankfully you and your kid are ok. That sucks about your car but glad you're ok. And your home...

Secondly congrats. I love the WRB!

Third, hi.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Glad no one was hurt.

And congrats on the purchase.WRB is the fastest color.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

wow, glad you are okay!!

Just a question, how can it just catch on fire....? D: I'm scared to warm my car up now

haha so many people have said that to me. My best guess was a cracked fuel line. I know the fire started on the drivers side but that's about it. There wasn't enough left for them to try and tell me what happened. The car kinda cursed I felt. A lot of weird things had happened to it and a lot of things it did that I just could never figure out. So RIP mazda, you'll never confuse anyone again!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

As said, glad everyone was alright...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC