New to the site
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the site within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am new to this site and decided to join in. As a woman, I would like to know ...

New to the site

Hello,

I am new to this site and decided to join in.

As a woman, I would like to know if there are any woman out there who owns one

I bought a 2011 STI in August 2011 and love it. I have been driving this car for 5 months now and I feel that I have not yet mastered it to its full potential.
    This is to me the fun of it. You feel that you can't never feel tired from this machine.

I would like to discuss with someone if they find the first gear challenging? I can never seem to be able to do it perfect. Would love to know if there are any tips to take off fast! The way I do it feels a bit slow

Thanks everyone!
    RB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Not a woman myself,but there are many women who own them.

What do you mean by first gear being challenging?When the car is in motion it is best not to throw it in first.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome! (I think she means "how can I take off fast from 1st gear, without stalling or breaking anything?")
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Welcome!

There are a few other women on here.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

What do you mean by first gear being challenging?When the car is in motion it is best not to throw it in first.
    Actually, I've found you can get away with it more than other cars I've owned, probably because 1st and 2nd are bigger gears than most cars. And because of the way they've geared the car, I've found myself wanting to use 1st sometimes when the car is in motion. Although she said she had an STI, so her 1st and 2nd gearing is more sensible than mine.

She probably means that first is challenging because it's hard to avoid bogging down when starting from a stop. Allowing the clutch to slip a bit more can help keep the revs up, but it will wear out your clutch faster. Engine mods that increase torque would also help, although I don't have any experience with that.

Thank you all for your quick replies

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain my self very clear.

I think my problem is that I baby this car too much and I am not given enough gas. I know....it sounds TERRIBLE especially for a STI.

Just tell me this....you guys push it to what RPM when starting on the first gear?

Don't laugh at my silly questions. Am new at this

RB

I usually release the clutch at around 1k-1.25k.

What is your issue, you don't give it enough gas when releasing the clutch and it stalls?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

On my WRX, for everyday use it's between 1k and 1.25k. I don't have much experience with the quick starts, and when I do, I don't look at the tach. So, unfortunately, I can't give you a better answer.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    fellow woman checking in. welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RobeBlanche View Post
    Just tell me this....you guys push it to what RPM when starting on the first gear?
    If you are talking about normal everyday driving then below 1.5k,but I try to keep it above 1k.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome! I say this to everyone. Any women driving a subi is badass

Quote Originally Posted by RobeBlanche View Post
    Sorry, I guess I didn't explain my self very clear.

RB
    Probably around 1.5-2k or maybe a little more if I want to accelerate hard. I realize I may need a new clutch at some point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.