NEW Car today
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW Car today within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, Just picked up my 2012 white WRX this morning. It's the base? model with the short shifter. It's my ...

Registered User AmandaWurlitzer's Avatar

NEW Car today

Hi,

Just picked up my 2012 white WRX this morning.
    It's the base? model with the short shifter.
    It's my first Subaru, and I have wanted one for a while.
    Was looking to keep a sporty car, but save some money at the same time.
    My last vehicles were a Jeep SRT8, a 2003 M5, and a 2004 NSX.
    I have only driven the car today, but I can tell I'm really going to enjoy it
    (sorry for the crummy pic)

updated -

Last edited by AmandaWurlitzer; 02-27-2012 at 11:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Welcome to the fold. Nice list of cars you've driven. I'd love to hear how you feel the WRX compares to each of the cars you listed.

Enjoy the car and forums.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

^+1

I personally think white hatchbacks are the best. esp with some nice wheels. congrats and welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks .... The WRX is really nice !! I was surprised at how much I liked it - during the test drive, and after buying it.
    The other cars were nice.
    The NSX, probably my favorite car/s, but I was very paranoid about parking (Dents, scratches, etc).
    As long as I knew where I was going, and they had good parking, it was cool.
    I guess I'm a little OCD like that, but I know alot of car guys are.
    I always had an suv as my second vehicle, so I would drive that alot - but it sucked, because I wanted to be driving my nice/fun car - but just couldn't "chance" it - if you know what I mean ...
    I guess this time, I just wanted something that I could drive anywhere, anytime, and not really worry about it.

The M5 was very cool - not much to really say about that car - one of the nicest cars I have ever owned.
    Was VERY tough to sell that one - and it only had 18k miles on it, it was still like new.

I had a 2000 BMW M coupe (white) - that was a blast, but a little on the small side - for trips over 90 minutes, it got uncomfortable - but I think that car probably drew more attention than my (yellow/yellow) NSX. That body style is just wild.
    The Jeep SRT8 - that was a riot. Just so fast in a straight line, and handled pretty well for an suv - but 10-11mpg was not so fun.

I really like the interior of the WRX - the layout, the view, the seats - I guess it just fits me.
    As soon as I sat in one, it just felt right.
    The hatchback body style is awesome IMO - and love the white.
    I was just as excited today picking it up as I have been with any other car I have bought (except maybe for the NSX
    I'm looking forward to driving lots of miles in this car, and keeping it a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Welcome to the fold. Nice list of cars you've driven. I'd love to hear how you feel the WRX compares to each of the cars you listed.

Enjoy the car and forums.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Thanks for your thoughts comparing it to your other cars. You have a bit of a dream ride list there for most enthusiasts. I used to own a 5.9 Grand Cherokee, and have always had a desire for a SRT8, but between cost to buy and cost of ownership it has not made it into my garage. The WRX is a great everyday car, mixing performance and practicality well. Enjoy!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Welcome and congrats!
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome! Beautiful list of previous car you've owned.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Welcome! Any plans to mod the car? Or, are you going to keep it stock?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

this is awkward, but can you pm your vin or post it on here? I ordered the EXACT same car to the same dealer, and the ETA was 1/26. I'm wondering where the F my car is, and they said it was supposed to be coming the day you got yours. Then suddenly they called me saying it would be a week more, I should be getting it tomorrow. What was your order date? I'm just curious if they swapped our cars somehow.
    Last edited by einsteigen; 02-02-2012 at 06:08 PM.

hey ... I don't have my vin# here in my office, but I ordered about 8 weeks ago if that helps.
    Congrats on your new car though !! Great color choice
    Last edited by AmandaWurlitzer; 02-03-2012 at 01:09 AM.

No problem.
    Ya, the Jeep was alot of fun, but ya, it was pricey. The off the line acceleration never got boring I only kept it 12,000 miles, so not really sure what brakes/tires and such cost, and didn't really want to find out. I have had a great time driving the WRX this week - SO glad I got it. It reminds me of my M coupe a bit, but alot more interior room - it's really pretty comfortable. I have read about the "cheap" interior - but I love it.

I don't plan on doing any mods - I usually keep my cars 100% stock except for the audio.
    I do like the stock radio, but have always had aftermarket, so I know I won't be happy for long.
    Will probably drop it off early next week to get something installed.
    I plan on going with some type of NAV/DVD head unit, Amp, Focal Speakers, and a 8 or 10 inch JL sub in back.
    I did that setup in my wife's Toyota, and am very happy with the sound - and cost just under $2k with install ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts comparing it to your other cars. You have a bit of a dream ride list there for most enthusiasts. I used to own a 5.9 Grand Cherokee, and have always had a desire for a SRT8, but between cost to buy and cost of ownership it has not made it into my garage. The WRX is a great everyday car, mixing performance and practicality well. Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.