New member - Couple of questions

This is a discussion on New member - Couple of questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm new here, from Canada(eh!). I was looking at ...

api

New member - Couple of questions

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I'm new here, from Canada(eh!). I was looking at getting a 09 WRX Hatch or Sedan(still undecided) but noticed a thread on another site(Nasioc) stating that the 09 model WRX's had engine failures and to stay away from them when purchasing a car, or at least do your research, which I've been doing religously for the past 2 or so months. I'd love to get the new '11 models with the wide body but I'm 21 and can only afford so much as I'll be paying for the vehicle myself.

My question is should I stay away from the '09 models all together, or are there specific '09 WRX's that experienced the engine failure? I'm really excited and serious about finding me one and can't wait the 2 or so months I have left before I get one! I need some feedback and some things to look for before purchasing one(I'll be financing it).

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers!

*BTW my dad will most likely come with me to look at the car(s) since he's really good at negotiating, and he usually gets the car he wants at the price he wants, I don't know how...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. IIRC, the only 09's that were affected are ones that have july, august, and september of 2008 build dates. there is a link on nasioc with a list of everyone that had issues, but the site is down right now. [at least for me anyway]

here's the link for when it comes back up: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1695936

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Our '09 did have engine replaced..short block i think..i thought it was the fast trip we to go to iowa and back..very fast ride ..the engine started knocking about week later and brought it in and 3 days later we had it back..dont know the build date..jeff