Car coming next week, just a few questions.

This is a discussion on Car coming next week, just a few questions. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, My 12' SWP 5dr that I ordered in December should be here on the 26th. It's a base ...

Car coming next week, just a few questions.

Hey guys,

My 12' SWP 5dr that I ordered in December should be here on the 26th. It's a base with the SSK and home link preinstalled.
    I'm planning on debadging, adding some tint, and having a 3" Magnaflow CBE installed (going Magnaflow b/c I get it new dirt cheap). I've personally never had an aftermarket exhaust before, so I just want to make sure this won't mess up my break in or anything like that (I have no idea why it would). Also, how many of you recommend changing the oil/flushing the trans fluid after the break in period?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    These are not questions to ask us, these are questions to ask the SERVICE MANAGER at the dealership you are picking the car up from. I can tell you my personal experience with a cat back exhaust but it isnt going to be the same as EJ257s (lives in NY) experience with a cat back exhaust. You get where I am going with that? I recomend changine the oil after 1,000 miles.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    What the hurry?I'd wait till the break in period is over to do any mods.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Don't change the transmission oil until 30k (or what ever the current service interval is now).

I agree with T0rque, change the engine oil at 1000miles. Don't do any mods before that time.