PBP WRX 4 door spoiler?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PBP WRX 4 door spoiler? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heya heya -- just got word that my PBP 4 door WRX is in and ready for pickup. I am ...

PBP WRX 4 door spoiler?

Heya heya -- just got word that my PBP 4 door WRX is in and ready for pickup. I am soooooooooooooooper pumped! One question though: I had asked for the rear spoiler. I just got an email from the dealer saying that the 4 door spoiler isn't available in PBP yet, as the color was STI only until this year.

This has the sound of bull**** to me, but I figured I'd ask. Are there 2012 PBP 4 door WRXs in the wild with a rear spoiler??

Otherwise, I think I just about crapped my pants when I got the email...!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Entirely possible.PBP was available only for the STI in 2011.They have been made an option for 2012 WRXs.

What spoiler are you talking about?The STI spoiler or the WRX spoiler?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

WRX deck lid spoiler. I'd obviously have had to buy an STI to get an STI spoiler

I Support ClubWRX
    So you ordered a base model & asked for a rear spooiler as an option.

AFAIK the wings come unpainted & have to be painted before install.Unless they ran out of paint,the wing should be available.

Some dealers will install an STI spoiler for you for a price.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I had the same thing happen to me with my DGM 4 door in september- apparently there were some parts shortages from the tsunami and they sent the car without it rather than have me wait another few weeks to get it. The wingless look really grew on me though after a week or so (I had never liked that look on the older WRX's either) and after my wing came in, I told them I had decided to leave it off and took a credit towards something else in the future.
    The thing that sucks if you really want the wing is that your car has a third brake-light in the back windshield right now, whereas if it came with the wing the light would be in the wing. If you add the wing afterwards, they don't remove that back windshield light and I think it looks bad having both, but I'm picky about that kind of stuff.
    Enjoy the car and post some pics, not many on here of PBP WRX's!
    Last edited by Rholman1; 01-19-2012 at 08:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.