WRX wave??

View Poll Results: What do you do when you see another nice WRX coming towards you?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • WRX wave

30 78.95%
  • Awkward eye contact

6 15.79%
  • lick your lips and wink

7 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX wave?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone had a quick question. Coming out of the jeep world, we had the jeep wave, ya see another ...

WRX wave??

Hey everyone had a quick question. Coming out of the jeep world, we had the jeep wave, ya see another lifted jeep of your model ya wave. Is there a subaru wave or does everyone just make awkard eye contact after looking over the exterior mods on the car and trying to listen to the exhaust? Just wondering lol. also made a poll since its easier then writing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

We've definitely got the wave!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does the "lick your lips and wink"....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I wave at every subaru I see, hell another guy in a wrx waved at me but he was across the highway and it was the middle of a heavy snowfall...I hope he saw me wave back :P. I didn't see him till the last second . So if anyone was driving south in Michigan in a blue 04 wrx on this last friday around 3 or 4 pm. Im sorry dude and subie love!

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

i usually wave if i see another wrx or sti... i've wave at a few when i was in my truck too (forgot i wasnt driving the surbaru) and the guy just looked at me wierd. haha

2003 WRX- Newbie
    1997 S-10 zr2- work/quad hauler
    1991 crx si-r- all motor B16
    1989 crx si- beater

"It looks like Scarface sneezed on you car!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    Hey everyone had a quick question. Coming out of the jeep world, we had the jeep wave, ya see another lifted jeep of your model ya wave. Is there a subaru wave or does everyone just make awkard eye contact after looking over the exterior mods on the car and trying to listen to the exhaust? Just wondering lol. also made a poll since its easier then writing.

Stang owners do not wave. Majority of them are women driving 3.7s. Guys that drive 5.0s don't seems very friendly.

I just came from the Jeep world too, but I stopped waving a long time ago. It seems every time I did wave I didn't get a wave back and every time someone waved at me I didn't react in time and felt like an ass.

So if anyone seems me in Colorado and I don't wave.. I probably just didn't see you! I don't think anyone would wave at me after looking at my car right now anyway. It looks sad.

I Support ClubWRX
    From now on I'm going to start waving at Jeep owners.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I always wave or the like, and mostly get it back as well. Can't always tell, but I don't care - I do it because it's a cool community thing. I also have a Jeep (CJ-7) and do it there as well, but I find the newer owners are far less likely to return a wave.

I also find that when I'm driving the minivan with the family and I see a Subie my body wants to wave ... but I fight it so as to not look weird.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

They're pretty common where I live, so I don't wave or anything. Sometimes if I see someone in a parking lot, I'll say hi, particularly if he has an interesting mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I just came from the Jeep world too, but I stopped waving a long time ago. It seems every time I did wave I didn't get a wave back and every time someone waved at me I didn't react in time and felt like an ass.

So if anyone seems me in Colorado and I don't wave.. I probably just didn't see you! I don't think anyone would wave at me after looking at my car right now anyway. It looks sad.
    yea when i had my jeep i would only wave to lifted xj's but if someone in another model waved i would return the favor. havent had a chance to do a subie wave because mine is fully stock so id look odd driving around and waving to every stocker i see lol

There is another thread around here somewhere about this same thing. I press my junk against the window.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    yea when i had my jeep i would only wave to lifted xj's but if someone in another model waved i would return the favor. havent had a chance to do a subie wave because mine is fully stock so id look odd driving around and waving to every stocker i see lol
    I had a lifted JK.. most JK people were stuck up non-wavers and soccer moms. I probably got more waves from lifted XJ's than I did any other Jeep.

My WRX is not only stock, but it's all beat up, rusty, dented, and the paint looks sandblasted off. The engine smokes whenever I stop, it stinks like burning oil and gas, and I have 3 different tires (two different sizes) on it right now. I don't think anyone wants to wave at me quite yet. Give me some time lol.

Invalid poll. No bewbs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Invalid poll. No bewbs.
    i thought about that since your poll for the winter meet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast