New guy here - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New guy here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by VroomVroom Nice ride =) Welcome to the forum. I traded in my 2009 Si for a 5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    Nice ride =) Welcome to the forum.
    I traded in my 2009 Si for a 5 door WRX in November.
    I'm in a similar situation. I drive a 2009 civic si and I'm looking to trade it in for a wrx hatch. How do you like the wrx versus the si?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdevil08 View Post
    yeah i guess you have a good point. but like top speed wise i know the gto rolls a 175 top speed can a sti or wrx even get close to that? lol
    The fastest quoted speed I have seen for a '11 STI is 162mph. The GTO is only RWD and has a lot more horsepower so it makes sense it would top out faster.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

yeah that does make some sense you would think the cars would limit tho
    2010 Honda civic si

Wishing i had a wrx

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    I had the 2010honda si and switched over to 2011 wrx and wouldnt be any happier!
    Youll never regret the change. Although i miss my honda's a$$
    Here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yummm taffey white

yeah did you go to wrx or sti? im thinking i wanna just go wrx but is it a huge improvment?
    2010 Honda civic si

Wishing i had a wrx

A wrx. I live upstate where snow is the biggest pain in the behind . AWD Is definitely a must for people.
    But the thing i love about the car is all the power under the hood. For less than a grand more compared to the honda, im getting AWD and 265hp!!
    Damm, if i wouldve waited a lil while more i wouldve bought this car from the beginning

Edit: the honda came out around for almost 31xxx and the wrx came out to be 32xxx. Do the math.
    I know for a fact you are able to find wrx's for less than 30xxx

Well then looks like ill be trading in my si for a wrx soon. I like the si but the wrx looks like a much better package for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by slickdevil08 View Post
    Heres a question that i have for everyone tho. Someone that i hate just got a pontiac gto 6.0 banger.and.i argued that the car was fast but it wasent ungodly fast and he said.that no tuner could beat it. Noe im think if you tune up a wrx the right way with right.mods you.could easily take one. Am i right or no?
    I have a friend of mine with a supercharged GTO pushing approximately 600 RWHP that would make you eat those words. Prior to the GTO, he had a 2002 supercharged Camaro SS making 650 RWHP.

EDIT: I also have another buddy in Austin who has a GTO with intake, injectors, long tube headers, and a full exhaust. He mid to high 11s and is pushing 424 RWHP with those mods. He is about to swap heads, re-tune, and hopes to be low 11s.
    Last edited by gunz4me; 01-29-2012 at 07:07 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    GTOs are sick, but you also have to watch the situation. You gotta Judge how he drives the car and look at the money for mods. Does this person have the money to mod a GTO? Naturally aspirated power is expensive.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

To the OP. I came from a 2010 V6 accord coupe but prior to that had an 8thgen si(07). I ended up getting a 12' WRX. I want to say that I still love and miss my SI. While there wasn't as much power as the WRX, it's handling was superb as well as its 6speed tranny(minus the 3rd gear issue). With all that being said, I love my new WRX and have no regrets getting. Actually I wish I would have skipped the Accord and went straight to the WRX. I've also been a huge Honda head but as of lately Honda has been really slacking in their game. New SI is almost a disappointment after 6 years of designing they end up coming out with almost the same car except with some more torque but even more weight to help offset that?!?! It's gotten such bad reviews that hand said it will have a major redesign(yes the second year into the new model). Anyways, enough with that rant. I love my subie and can see myself being a subie owner for a good long time. In the end, the decision is yours but take some advice from another previous owner, do it!!!
    12/27/11 - Ordered
    01/16/12 - Received
    2012 WRX Hatch World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    I was a honda head before as well, I traded in my 2002 EP3 on my first 2005 STi.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbathewhat View Post
    To the OP. I came from a 2010 V6 accord coupe but prior to that had an 8thgen si(07). I ended up getting a 12' WRX. I want to say that I still love and miss my SI. While there wasn't as much power as the WRX, it's handling was superb as well as its 6speed tranny(minus the 3rd gear issue). With all that being said, I love my new WRX and have no regrets getting. Actually I wish I would have skipped the Accord and went straight to the WRX. I've also been a huge Honda head but as of lately Honda has been really slacking in their game. New SI is almost a disappointment after 6 years of designing they end up coming out with almost the same car except with some more torque but even more weight to help offset that?!?! It's gotten such bad reviews that hand said it will have a major redesign(yes the second year into the new model). Anyways, enough with that rant. I love my subie and can see myself being a subie owner for a good long time. In the end, the decision is yours but take some advice from another previous owner, do it!!!
    Well said my friend, well said.

I miss my honda so much. I loved the looks.but again, everytimr i sit in the wrx, i enjoy every second of it. I forget sometimes i even had the si in the first place.

thanks for all the feedback guys
    every little bit helps and i went to youtube and found some info about wrx"s and sti"s and people saying they can push about 600hp out of either with the right mods. this true?

Holy Beach Balls Aquaman It's Tapatalk
    2010 Honda civic si

Wishing i had a wrx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12