Newish member
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newish member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for a little while now. I started checking out this site with NASIOC ...

Newish member

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here for a little while now. I started checking out this site with NASIOC a little before I got my DGM '08 WRX at the end of September last year and I just never got around to saying hello. I picked the car up with right around 45k miles on it from a local dealer. There were only a couple of WRX's in my area for sale within my price range and under 50k miles the other one was modded and beat to hell inside and out (it looked like someone patched the rear bumper with bondo in their backyard) plus it had 10k more miles then the one I got and they wanted $20k for it and were not willing to negotiate on the price. After letting the sales guy sweat for a few weeks I finally went in and snagged this car, which I must say was in awesome condition for a used car, it has a few nicks in the paint on the front which is expected but the previous owner took amazing care of this car. After everything I ended up getting the car for right at $18k which I thought was a fair price (they were asking $19,xxx) . Anyways the only thing I've done is made a little hood scoop grille and changed the Trans/diff's to Motul 300 and had the local Subaru dealer warranty the clutch/pressure plate/TOB (they had replaced it all just about a year ago for a"squeak" and it started to do it again after I bought it so they goodwilled it for me). Other then that little thing I love the car so far!
    Here's a picture of the car when I got it home.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome!

Welcome!
    2010 Honda civic si

Wishing i had a wrx

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum

If you need anymore parts just let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Thanks for the welcome.
    Haha trust me there is plenty I would love to do but I'm a student right now so I'm pretty tight on cash plus I need it to be as reliable as possible right now, but in the future I'll let you know if I need any parts.

Welcome.
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Why do you need a hood scoop grille?It reduces airflow by approximately 30%.

Homemade Mesh Protectors
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site

I'm hoping you've ditched that license plate frame, by now. Free advertisement FTL...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by greyscooby View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Haha trust me there is plenty I would love to do but I'm a student right now so I'm pretty tight on cash plus I need it to be as reliable as possible right now, but in the future I'll let you know if I need any parts.

We can get maintenance products as well.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome to the site

I'm hoping you've ditched that license plate frame, by now. Free advertisement FTL...
    Yeah for sure, I ended up making a license plate holder that mounts to the tow hook location, I'm still tweaking it a little but it works much better then the bumper location and I'm planning on making a little fiberglass piece to cover the stock mounting location. That dealer also snuck an emblem on the trunk (which is debadged) that I don't remember seeing before I picked it up, because I absolutely hate the fact they don't ask you if they can put a big ugly advertising badge on your car, so I had to take that off as well. On a side note I really like the way they look debadged.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Why do you need a hood scoop grille?It reduces airflow by approximately 30%.

Homemade Mesh Protectors
    That it's very interesting. I wouldn't have thought it would reduce flow by that much, I made it because I noticed some bent fins on the intercooler so I was trying to prohibit that from happening since I would rather not spend time every month straightening them out haha, but I might just have to take it off now...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.