New member please help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member please help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody ive just purchased a wrx 04 cypriot model with a prodrive package basically i got a few questions ...

New member please help

Hi everybody ive just purchased a wrx 04 cypriot model with a prodrive package basically i got a few questions as this is all new to me as before i had mainly vans anyhow here goes thanks in advance.

question 1. If my car has the prodrive package will the engine have any extra mods pics included below of engine bay and can you tell me if there any extras like non standard air filter etc

2. how much bhp will my model have.

3. its got almost 60k on the clock with little paperwork about history last serviced in 2006 with 12k on clock and cam belt and oil change in 08 what should i get done to it to bring it upto scratch.

will hopefully load up some pics of my beast when sun comes out thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru wrx 04 001.jpg   subaru wrx 04 002.jpg   subaru wrx 04 003.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    CY is a small market; in fact I don't think we've had other members with cars in CY on the forum. In any case, I recommend you treat the car like a UK model, as I can't envision Subaru having something specific and right hand drive for a smaller sales area. If that's the case, the Prodrive package had more than one option; there was a back box that alone would not offer any improvement, but they also offered modified intakes and ECU mapping.

Contact Prodrive direct and look through their back catalogue.

For the maintenance, look at your owner's manual and prefer authentic parts. If your car didn't come with a manual, look at the UK version. The US version states timing belts are due at 105K miles, for example, so yours was done much earlier, and I don't know if the difference was intentional or not.

The air filter, oil filler cap, and battery are not standard items. Check the back box and follow the exhaust backwards to the turbo to see if the midsection has also been replaced. If there are no heat shields or fancy heat shields around the up pipe and near the turbo, then the up pipe has also likely been replaced. Prodrive also provided suspension and body bits.

I looked up Subaru Cyrpus:
    http://www.subarucyprus.com.cy/layou...ction=1&rec=29

(I can't tell from your member name whether you can read Greek or your location; if you're in Lefcosia ring them on 00 357 22-491655).
    Last edited by SD_GR; 01-14-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks sd i did wonder about the air filter not sure if its any good its made by a company called denso ive never heard of them ,i never received a owners manual will check this forum see if any other uk scooby owners have a copy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Kabushiki gaisha Denso is an automotive parts maker from Japan. I suspect what you are reading is the label for the mass air flow sensor, that is in fact made by Denso. In any case, I don't recognize the air filter either, sorry. Scoobynet should be able to help and since I see you are in UK, inquire with Prodrive directly for parts identification and such if the local forums can't ID them for you.

So you've got a RHD car with the speedo reading KM, not miles? That could be among the few differences between the UK and CY versions (just a hypothesis, since even though there's a Subaru dealer in every major city in CY, I'm using "major" leniently and the population as you know is small so the market must be very small compared to UK).

Luckily or not, MOT will of course be able to tell you exactly what the care needs... Hopefully not all that much, if anything at all.

Good luck!

SD
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I believe the only difference between jap model and cypriot model is theres no wheel locking nuts and no fog lights apart from that there the same and my speedos mph also cypriot model is also cheaper to insure.

I Support ClubWRX
    An EU model should have the world export gearbox with longer ratios.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.