hoping to become a new member

This is a discussion on hoping to become a new member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Being in the market for something a little sportier, I've gotten to test out the Mazdaspeed 3 and Honda Civic ...

hoping to become a new member

Being in the market for something a little sportier, I've gotten to test out the Mazdaspeed 3 and Honda Civic Si. I was sure I'd compare them to a WRX this weekend, but I've discovered that it's near impossible to find dealers that stock WRXs around here. Is this some sort of fluke, or have you folks had trouble actually getting your hands on a new WRX as well?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You already are a member if you signed up. And the WRX is in high demand in certain areas.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Like many, I had to order mine. 3-6 weeks was my quoted wait time. We'll see if that holds up
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

I live in Memphis and there wasn't a WRX for sale with in a 3-400 mile radius. So I ordered mine early December. Its been over a month and I was told yesterday I'll get my vin number next week.. If you really want one though, it'll be worth the wait. If I were you, I wouldn't compromise and get something else.

In SOCAL, I was fortunate enough to get to drive one as there was two or three on the lot. I ordered mine at end of DEC and was quoted 5-6 weeks max. The WRX runs circles around an SI - I've never driven the Mazda, but the smile on that thing doesn't match my cynical behavior. Not sure where you live, but I also like the WRX because it's a rare find in SOCAL.

thats exaclty why i got 23,500 on my '09 at trade in on my '12....and we paid 27 for it...jeff

I never test drove my wrx before I bought it. They had to bring it in from another dealership. I just knew I wanted it.

where are you, maybe someone can help you locate one
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by einsteigen View Post
    but I also like the WRX because it's a rare find in SOCAL.
    I wouldn't say rare,.... but if you see a silver 2005 Wagon around Orange County, don't forget to waive =)

Thanks folks. Does that mean there's no wiggle room from msrp?

Absolutely not, if you order one you should be able to get it around invoice price (probably $1500-$2000 below sticker depending on model). You can get a much better deal on an order compared to buying one on the lot- plus you can get exactly the color and options you want.